Rendering issues, not sure where the problem lies

Sorry to be a nuisance, but I am have a problem that has been plaguing me for quite some time now, and I am finally building up enough courage as to ask for help, though I may face ridicule for my noobishness.  Quite frankly, I haven

This is pointing out at the contents of your geometry… Are you generating your objects by hand (i.e. with FloatBuffers and such?) If not, are you accessing the vertex/index data directly for any of your objects? even more, are you calling updateGeometricState?

Download SceneGraphDump and then call SceneGraphDump.dump on your root node, then print the output here.

This is the dump on the root node that has the boxes in it:

Node: WorldState: RootNode
RenderStates: Z
Children: Node/map_node  Node/character_node  Node/fx_node 

Node: map_node
Transform: (0.0, -2.0, 32.0)[0.0, 0.0, 0.0]{1.0}
Children: Map/test 
Map: test
Children: Node/null 
Node: null
Node: character_node
Children: Player/Asiem  Box/temp 
Player: Asiem
Children: Node/null 
Node: null
Children: Box/placeholder_shape 
Box: placeholder_shape
TriangleBatch: null
Batches set: VINCT0
Vertex: 24
Triangles: 12
Box: temp
Batches set: CT0
Vertex: 0
Triangles: 0
Node: fx_node

It is probably not a good thing that the TriangleBatch's are null... and that a six-sided cube doesn't have any sides or vertices

I have to go now; I'll post the nodes from the UI states in the evening.

There's your problem:

Box: temp
Batches set: CT0
Vertex: 0
Triangles: 0

The box only has a color and a texture buffer ("Batches set: CT0"). I suspect you might have created it with the empty constructor (which you are not supposed to use)

Also you have a lot of nodes without a name in your scene graph, this is not a good thing to have.

I had no idea that that constructor was not something I was supposed to call, but you have mended my mistakes.  Thank you!  My error is gone!  I am free!  Thank you so very much, Momoko_Fan, and you too, duenez, for your suggestions.