(Resolved) Second texture in terrain splat not working

I have a very simple, straightforward use of ImageBasedHeightMap set up, but the second terrain texture used never seems to display properly. I have done this in the past, and it has worked without issue before, but this time it is weirding out. I even tried to copy/paste the heightmap part out of the hello terrain tutorial and modify to use my assets, but still no.

Right now I only have a grass texture and a dirt texture that I am using. Dirt is temporarily used for both textures 2 and 3.

In the screenshot, you can see that the grass shows up fine, but the dirt just looks solid light brown or tan. If I switch the textures around so that dirt is tex1 and grass is tex2, then the dirt shows up fine but the grass looks like a solid green.

http://i.imgur.com/hMF0C.png

As you can see from the following code, it’s basically just the Hello Terrain tutorial at the moment, so it should be fine.

[java]

Material terrainMaterial = new Material(assetManager, “Common/MatDefs/Terrain/Terrain.j3md”);

terrainMaterial.setTexture(“Alpha”, assetManager.loadTexture(“Models/splat.png”));

Texture grass = assetManager.loadTexture(“Models/grass.jpg”);

grass.setWrap(WrapMode.Repeat);

terrainMaterial.setTexture(“Tex1”, grass);

terrainMaterial.setFloat(“Tex1Scale”, 64f);

Texture dirt = assetManager.loadTexture(“Models/dirt.jpg”);

terrainMaterial.setTexture(“Tex2”, dirt);

terrainMaterial.setFloat(“Tex2Scale”, 32f);

terrainMaterial.setTexture(“Tex3”, dirt);

terrainMaterial.setFloat(“Tex3Scale”, 32f);

AbstractHeightMap heightmap = null;

Texture heightMapImage = assetManager.loadTexture(“Models/heightmap.png”);

heightmap = new ImageBasedHeightMap(ImageToAwt.convert(heightMapImage.getImage(), false, true, 0));

heightmap.load();

int patchSize = 65;

TerrainQuad terrain = new TerrainQuad(“my terrain”, patchSize, 1025, heightmap.getHeightMap());

terrain.setMaterial(terrainMaterial);

terrain.setLocalTranslation(0, -100, 0);

terrain.setLocalScale(10f, 2f, 10f);

rootNode.attachChild(terrain);

[/java]

looks like you have a typo on lines 9 and 12, should probably be dirt.setWrap(WrapMode.Repeat); not grass.

hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thank you! I feel like such an idiot now for having wasted your time with that. Somehow I kept punching that code for hours yet did not even notice that.