Road to Providence (IndieGoGo Compaign)

Hi guys.

We (Paul “mifth” Geraskin and Andrew “jama” Kokorev) are 2 persons named as Ugly Band. We love indie games and we love stories by Howard Lovecraft. We decided to dedicate the game called “Road to Providence” to Howard Lovecraft. As he deserves such a thing 1000%.

Road to Providence is stealth game where a person John Doe appeared in 1922 year near the Providence city. He does not remember anything and he should remember all during the game quests. Possibly he found getes to dark Worlds of time? Who knows?

There will be many anomalies and monsters inspired by Howard Lovecraft’s stories. We will try to reproduce terrible horror which exists in Lovecraft’s stories.

There will be 3 story-lines:

• Sectants. A cruel clan which kills people and makes strange experiments. They worship a deity which need new blood every time.

• Demons. Gates of chaos and destruction were opened by sectants and terrible creatures filled the Providence. John Doe will meet face to face the horror of demon eyes and put them back to hell.

• Aliens. Some stories of Howard were dedicated to aliens. We will try to reproduce them with the Weird Fiction style. Meteorite fell on the earth and entire are area was contaminated by its deadly poison.

Our IndieGoGo Compaign: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/road-to-providence/x/7373809

We use OpenSource tools as we are only 2 indie developers. We use Blender, Krita, jMonkeyEngine. Also, we use 3DCoat as it’s really powerful and not so expensive.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ka8OMWhPlI&list=UUZ9_DJk6Ot-_xiTcKb8cJ8g[/video]

You can also follow us on Facebook and G+:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/106208398186743208676/106208398186743208676/posts

Thanks to JME Community. As we use your engine, ZayES, Nifty. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here is Our Production. Check it now. :slight_smile:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VvDwrp8214&list=UUZ9_DJk6Ot-_xiTcKb8cJ8g[/video]

And some screenshots:

4 Likes

O.o You definitely peeked my interest. I loooooove his stories (At the Mountains of Madness - favorite by far). The first time I read the description of the city as they reach it’s plateau and begin to explore were some of the most unnerving vicarious moments in my entire life!

Can’t wait to get this once it’s finished!!

2 Likes
@t0neg0d said: O.o You definitely peeked my interest. I loooooove his stories (At the Mountains of Madness - favorite by far). The first time I read the description of the city as they reach it's plateau and begin to explore were some of the most unnerving vicarious moments in my entire life!

Can’t wait to get this once it’s finished!!

Thanks a lot! We do it our best. Next time Nifty will be replaced by ToneGod gui surely. And the Editor will be too. Stay with us. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oooo… oooo… almost forgot to ask:

1. Do we find a copy of the Necronomicon during the game?
  2. Do we get a glimpse of Cthulhu? Or at least a Shaggoth?
  3. Please tell me you will use the word Cycloptic at least once.

Oh wow… I got so excited about the Lovecraft story line, I forgot to ask a few questions about your asset development:

Are you using z-brush?
If so, how does the conversion work out with Blender?
If you are just using Blender, hats off to you all for the AWESOME texture maps! Those are incredible looking.

@t0neg0d said: Oooo... oooo... almost forgot to ask:
  1. Do we find a copy of the Necronomicon during the game?
  2. Do we get a glimpse of Cthulhu? Or at least a Shaggoth?
  3. Please tell me you will use the word Cycloptic at least once.

I think there could be some issues with trademarks of Necronomicon, Cthulhu, Shaggoth. As rights could belong to someone.
But surely there will be quests with artifacts and documents.

@t0neg0d said: Oh wow... I got so excited about the Lovecraft story line, I forgot to ask a few questions about your asset development:

Are you using z-brush?
If so, how does the conversion work out with Blender?
If you are just using Blender, hats off to you all for the AWESOME texture maps! Those are incredible looking.

Only Blender, Krita, 3DCoat, jMonkey. 3Dcoat is for sculpting. But theis not so much sculpting. More texture painting.

1 Like

Nice! Best of luck to you guys. $6 is quite an ambitious ask for a brand new project. Hopefully the Lovecraft factor pays dividence :wink:

Is there a Twitter I can follow & retweet?

@erlend_sh said: Nice! Best of luck to you guys. $6 is quite an ambitious ask for a brand new project. Hopefully the Lovecraft factor pays dividence ;)

Is there a Twitter I can follow & retweet?

Thanks man. No Twitter yet. Only FB and G+:

Magnificent looking game 8) ! Best of luck in this journey. =D

1 Like

This is surely going to be a hit and I can’t wait to see how you guys progress.
I am also very much interested.
Well done so far!

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Dunno know if it will be a hit… But we will try to make an interesting indie quest game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome!
I will know if I will keep being poor or not in the next few days, but I will back your project for sure. Just depends how much I can afford.

Get on twitter! If you want a list of media contacts I can send them to you, just PM me.

Some suggestions if you don’t mind. If you do, stop reading =)

The first sentence should describe your game not yourselves and it should not be “A stealth game with feature X Y and Z.” That won’t stand out from every other game with the same description. You can look at reddit/r/indiegaming and see what subjects have upvotes and what ones don’t.
For example “Rogue Shooter (FPS, Rogue-lite, Space)” has no votes and doesn’t inspire anyone to click on it.
Nail down this 1-sentence description and the media will open your email. They get hundreds a day and have to ignore most.

Post on #screenshotsaturday
Post updates on reddit gaming subreddits, even if it is a screenshot or quick gif, people love gifs. Keep posting every 3 days or more frequently.
Get your game to Let’s players: http://letsplay.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_let’s_players
Emails to Let’s Players and to media should be hand written for each one, no copy pasting. They can see that and will ignore it unless it is personal and human-sounding to them.

Raising money on crowdfunding is painful and a lot of work. Some games get lucky and you hear about them, but you never hear about the 70% that fail.

If you want any tips or have questions let me know.

2 Likes

@erlend_sh Thanks a lot! You will be in the History of the Development! :slight_smile:

@Sploreg Thanks a lot! I’ll take into account.

I’ll make Twitter and contact you.