Room Based Multiplayer?

I am sure that this has been discussed somewhere on here before, but I haven’t found too many posts about it. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience in setting up a room based game using jme3. I have been reading about OGF, and it looks like that might be exactly what I need. Also, one other part of my question is about players hosting servers. Do you think it is feasible for the average (or slightly better than average) player to both run the room server, and play at the same time? (The game is planned to be moderately complex, or at least that’s how I imagine it) The amount of players will of course be limited, my goal is somewhere around 8-10, although more would be great.

Like I said, I’m sure this has all been discussed before, and I will continue to trudge through the forum, but I would love any information. Should I scrap the player hosted rooms? If not then what do you suggest I take as my starting direction.

what is a room based game?

Lets see, what’s the easiest way to describe it… Maybe room based was bad word choice on my part. basically, a game where a player can create a game or match, then other players can join in. A lot of action games (mostly FPS) use room based models.

Yeah, MonkeyZone does that, the source is available.