Scene viewer with ogl1 support

Could we plz provide a minimum support for some old pc without ogl2 to use jmp? Thx

In SceneApplication.java

[java] public SceneApplication() {

progressHandle.start(7);

try {

AppSettings newSetting = new AppSettings(true);

newSetting.setFrameRate(30);

setSettings(newSetting);

[/java]

[java] public SceneApplication() {

progressHandle.start(7);

try {

AppSettings newSetting = new AppSettings(true);

newSetting.setFrameRate(30);

newSetting.setRenderer(AppSettings.LWJGL_OPENGL_ANY);

setSettings(newSetting);

[/java]

I’m sorry to tell you that the only way you’ll get compatibility for old generations of graphic cards is to modify the engine yourself.

There has been several discussions on this subject and the engine is geared toward modern hardware. It’s not worth it to spend time to be compatible with old hardware that will have mostly gone in 2-4 years.

It’s sad, but that’s how it is. There is always the possibility that it might happen, but I wouldn’t hold my breath on it.

thank you very much!

im very sorry i did not make my point clearly.

im just hoping to add this line to svn:

sceneapplication.java:

newSetting.setRenderer(LWJGL_OPENGL_ANY);

so that we can use minimum functions of jmp on old devices thankyou

It’s not as simple as that. But I’ll let the core developers get into that discussion.

Especially the editors in the GDE could deliver “incorrect” results/visuals when running on OpenGL1 which doesn’t make much sense as you’re supposed to build the game being run on multiple platforms. So if at all OpenGL1 support in jMP will only come when theres proper checks for OpenGL dependency.

well, its ok.

just want inform you that:

i added this line, then my scene viewer seems to work correctly, which is always a black window before.

thank you!

Perhaps there should be some dialog or option in the settings to enable OpenGL1 support? I see no harm in adding it if the user requests it. It would kinda suck if people stuck with OGL1 PCs cannot run jMP for whatever reason.