(September 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Nice. One more tasty aroma to a tasty library.
If you can put up that test server again and tell me the name of the game server, I will press the ‘show help button’ and take a screenshot here. That would test it with my German-german-Qwertz keyboard for you.
I also have a Japanese keyboard somewhere here (but it seems to primarily show English letters on keys and smaller Japanese symbols next to these Western letters).
A Chinese keyboard would be cool. Maybe one of the Chinese jME people could test it.
Or some Arabic/Persian or Hebrew keyboard.

@MoffKalast
WOOOHOOO!

19 Likes

The test server has been up this whole time as far as I know. But anyway, you can test it without the server since you can host and join your own game locally… but right you’d have to build a bunch of stuff from source. Might as well wait until I post another prebuilt release.

Hey dear monkeys,

for this month I made a video of what I did over the last few weeks. It’s nothing really new to see, that’s because I had to do much in code. Anyway, I hope you guys like it.

Greetings,
Domenic

18 Likes

That looks great! I have only recently discovered how much better can jME look if you apply some simple filters :slight_smile:

Thank you. Yes, filter can improve the game enormously. But I also have to work on my light setting. The colors look too “normal” for me for now. But I will do that another time :smirk:

Sound: The last commercial engine I worked with could tell you what kind of texture you were walking on and change the sound accordingly. When your char leaves the beach and enters the wooden cabin for example. Or when walking from sand to grass or water (okay, water can be detected and “walks on the house model” might be detectable too somehow).
Anyways, great scene!
What will your game be about? Is it a survival-type game?

Even though you can’t really believe it, in the end it should become a horror-adventure game. Yes HORROR !!! I will scare the living shit out of you monkeys :joy:

7 Likes

It is dark here…

18 Likes

I’m already scared shitless of the supernatural sideways tree. :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, I think it would look a lot better if you had the player’s character hands relax a bit. Nobody walks around or holds stuff with their hands positioned like that.

And remember, subtlety.

2 Likes

http://imgur.com/C8xfOjz.png

5 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

The fun thing about pictures like this is that they are showing you a whole timeline of history in one snapshot.

Here in Brasil coconut trees growing horizontally are not rare or supernatural. I saw a lot of them myself.

I believe the phenomenon happens on other places of the world as well, especially close to beaches. http://bit.ly/2cb10z4

Hi, you know I am making my game on my own and I know, I need to improve the game at many points. But what you can see here is from the earliest state of development. You can be sure that I am going to fix that and then I will post another video which shows how sexy an arm can move :wink:

3 Likes

Testing Light, Shadows, Fog, AO, Reflections… :chimpanzee_amused:

13 Likes

New space ship

That’s the high res model that will eventually get baked to a low res model. The high res model is a couple hundred thousand polys so far, the low res model is around 6 or 7 hundred.

Heavily influenced by my 1968 Mustang GT model:

20 Likes

Very nice models, did you try to upload them on sketchfab? Especially the mustang, could be really nice to turn around it.

1 Like

Thanks. I have not uploaded them to Sketchfab. The spaceship isn’t done yet, but the Mustang is available in blend format on my website and blend-swap.

The mustang was made entirely with subsurface modeling, my computer isn’t really fast enough for sculpting unfortunately, and rendered with Blender’s Cycles render engine.