Setting up 2.0.1-Stable in NetBeans?

The User Guide section of the wiki refers to this tutorial for setting up jME in NetBeans,

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_netbeans_6.7_for_jme_2.0

all looks well until I try to follow it. Here's the problems I encountered (with NetBeans 6.7.1).

1. Downloading

The Google Code downloading list only provides three things: Stable, StableDistribution, and SWT. So I download Stable and StableDistribution, extract them so that I have such directory structure:

jME2jME2junit

jME2jME2lib

jME2jME2libjme.jar

jME2jME2src

jME2jME2-distjme.jar

2. JARs libraries on Classpath

The tutorial wants to add jME2lib*.jar and jME2jME_2.0.jar, but there is nothing in the jME root folder. jME folder only holds three more folders: junit, lib, and src.

So I add jME2lib*.jar to the library list.

Then it goes on to add the "native" libraries that should have been in jME2libnatives. But this "natives" folder doesn't exist, either.

EDIT I've also tried to specify "-Djava.library.path=jME2_homelibliblwjglnativewindows" in the Project Properties window, under VM options. The same happens below.

3. HelloWorld code sample

Using "Run Project" results in the following error:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: [Lorg/lwjgl/opengl/DisplayMode;
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
        ....and long list of others
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.lwjgl.opengl.DisplayMode
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
        ... 28 more
BUILD STOPPED (total time: 27 seconds)

NetBeans shows the program to be running, but nothing happens at all except a non-advancing RUN progress bar in NetBeans. Once I stop that, it shows the BUILD STOPPED line of message.

Any ideas?

You ever get this working?  I am having the same issues.

Help->Check for Updates … (wait for update to complete)

HelloWorld now works.

I had previously made the 'jar' and 'native' changes referenced above plus some others.  I plan to go back and start from scratch to see what the exact trick is.

The best thing still would be following the tutorial in the wiki on how to setup jME 2.0 with Netbeans 6.7…

And if you want the jME-2.0.1 stable, than just use revision 4667 in the checkout menu ;]

Sorry I missed this thread!

The native library directories are completely different now, so it was necessary to rewrite the tutorial:

http://jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_netbeans_6.7_for_jme_2.0.1

If you find mistakes, tell me. :slight_smile: