ShaderBlow moved to the official JME Contribution repository ;) [is real, it's not a rumour]

It is rumoured that shaderBlow will be moved into the official JME Contribution repository soon. I am happy to hear that!!!

I am working on more filters (grayScaleFilter was the first one… there are more to come. Thanks @mifth to add it to shaderBlow by the way).

Thanks @mifth for your work

3 Likes

I will glad to help you if you want.

The pourpose of this topic is in order to cheer you up. Pardon me if you feel offended.

I’m excited about this!

can’t wait!

Hi all!

The ShaderBlow has been moved to the official JME contribution repository.

http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyplatform-contributions/source/detail?r=469

If you want to commit to the repository you should send your email to @normen to get access for committing.

@t0neg0d , @H you should send your emails certainly to Normen.

THANKS TO ALL! JME HAS THE BEST SHADERS COLLECTION! MAKE YOUR COOL GAMES WITH COOL SHADERS!

3 Likes

IMPORTANT. You need to have nightly builds to work shaders correctly.

congratz :slight_smile:

Nice work :slight_smile:

You should put the documentation (list of shaders, etc) somewhere as well :slight_smile:

@zarch said:
You should put the documentation (list of shaders, etc) somewhere as well :)

Yep! I would suggest we do it this way:
https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/sdk:plugin:shaderblow

We haven't really discussed yet how we'd like to store & keep track of plugin documentation, so the above may or may not become the standard convention. We'll take care of moving the content if need be, so don't hesitate to get started documenting ;)

Great!!!

Thanks a lot @mifth

Is real, it’s not a rumour ha… topic title updated!!

@H said:
I will glad to help you if you want.

The pourpose of this topic is in order to cheer you up. Pardon me if you feel offended.

Thank you man!

At present, i want to make this effect (like air distortion):
http://devmaster.net/posts/3079/shader-effects-refraction
There is source code and webGL demo in the link!

I'm trying to modify simpleWater effect to achive this...
1 Like

I’m using old film effect as reference. I took the grayScale filter from there. First, I want to create a ColourScale filter first (like grayScale but for a particular colour: red, blue, what ever ;).

Then, I will work on olf film effect.

1 Like

We still have to create the actual plugin so the SDK users can download it :slight_smile:

@H said:
I'm using old film effect as reference. I took the grayScale filter from there. First, I want to create a ColourScale filter first (like grayScale but for a particular colour: red, blue, what ever ;).
Then, I will work on olf film effect.

WOW! Nice todo things!

I almost finished refraction post effect. It's based on JME simplewater. But i'll add some features too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAUKCU5GRmc&feature=plcp

@normen said:
We still have to create the actual plugin so the SDK users can download it :)

i'm still not good in plugins. :( Also, shaderblow has additional Models amd Textures which should be removed for the plugin.
assets/Models and assets/Textures folders...
1 Like
@mifth said:
i'm still not good in plugins. :( Also, shaderblow has additional Models amd Textures which should be removed for the plugin.
assets/Models and assets/Textures folders...

I think we need to do some refactoring to ShaderBlow. Something similar to how jme3 has currenly.
Create a test package and move all the tests there. So, we will have core code and tests code in different packages. The we need to split assets too (core assets and tests assets), perhaps we need to create a testAsset folder/package.
After that, we need to package (build jar file) core code and core assets in one jar and test code and test asset in other jar.
Then create a plugin for those 2 jar or a plugin for each.. I don't know which approach is the best. (I'm not 100% sure how to do it but there are a lot of pleople out there eager tp help on this ;) )

@mifth: What do you thinks bout this?
Core members, @normen, @erlend_sh, anyone: any idea/suggestion will be very appreciate!!
1 Like

Actually, i don’t like many projects. i think shaderBlow already has JME project with examples.

All we need is just a plugin… i thnk…

But if you are more advanced with nebeans than me, so you can try it out :slight_smile: .

@mifth said:
Actually, i don't like many projects. i think shaderBlow already has JME project with examples.

All we need is just a plugin.. i thnk...

But if you are more advanced with nebeans than me, so you can try it out :) .

I meant split the code (core code on one package and test code on other package), keeping all together in one project. Sorry if I did not explain it clear enough.
Take a look to the following image, it can help you to understand what I want to do
package refactoring

Then, we can package the core code in one jar and the test code in other jar easely.

Regarding the plugin thing, I have took a look to https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/sdk:development. "Create a library plugin from a jar file" in particular is want we want to achieve I think. I need to research a little bit more but it seems to be an easy task.

Let me know what you think
1 Like

We need to do the same for the asset folder (put test assets on test-data folder and keep core asstes on asset folder.

The idea behind this new structure is that the users of the ShaderBlow will user only core code and core asset on their games. test code and test assets will be used as research and test pourpose but should not be part of the jar file that will be included in a game release.

@H said:
We need to do the same for the asset folder (put test assets on test-data folder and keep core asstes on asset folder.

The idea behind this new structure is that the users of the ShaderBlow will user only core code and core asset on their games. test code and test assets will be used as research and test pourpose but should not be part of the jar file that will be included in a game release.

Ok, man! Can you make it?

PS. update the code before refactoring. I committed some fixes.

Hi @mifth

I have moved test code to test-src folder. I checked all test and they seem to work fine, but I was not able to run GPUAnimationFactory. It throw an error when I start the test. I will check tomorrow.

Please check commit’s comment: http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyplatform-contributions/source/detail?r=480

I will rename some test clases according Java good practice convetions in a few minutes and I will commit that too.

I going to move test assets to test-data folder tomorrow. It was a hard day today, not enough free time.

Update: test classes renamed and package structure start with com.shaderblow for core classes and com.shaderblow.test for test classes.

Please, take a look and let me know what you think

It’s 2 a.m here, I’m going to bed now 8)