Sup everyone. I put together a little library of filters you may be interested in. They come from many different places, some I have written myself, some are ported or taken directly from the Hub. So many thanks to everyone who contributed - even involuntarely. All credits are placed on the Github page.
The name refers to the good old ShaderBlow library, but in fact it has nothing to do with it. I wanted to make filters I needed, but also save from oblivion couple of great filters that were posted on HUB but got burried. So if you know any cool effect that isn’t included and was posted on the hub feel free to post a link.
- BetterToneMap - over 35 tonemapping algorithms.
- BetterColorCorrection - improved color correction. Thanks to Micheldb
- BetterDepthOfField - Better DoF. Thanks to vinexgames
- BetterGroundFogFilter. Thanks to Samwise
- BleachFilter - washout effect you may know from movies like Minority Report or Saving Private Ryan.
- BokehDoFFilter - simpler DoF. Works better than the core one on lower settings.
- RadialHaloGlow - silly radial blur effect.
- BetterVignette - vignette + radial blur + radial grayscale.
- PixelArt - turn you game into a pixelart game. 4bit palette (over 15 to choose), pixelization, outline, scanline.
- Posterization - simple toonification effect.
- SimpleBloom - Works better than the core one on lower settings.
- WhiteBloom - Works better with brighter scenes.
- DLAA - Antialiasing.
- NFAA - Antialiasing.
- Air - my favourite tbh. It’s the effect you man know from Blender where it is called Atmosphere. Simple effect based on Fog which desaturated and tints distant objects. Very useful for big open scene to add some air depth.
- TV - tv effects like scanlines, vignette, grain, glitches.
- MipmapBloom - very nice bloom. Thanks to Apollo
- SimpleSSR - simplified general SSR effect. Thanks to RiccardoBlb and rickard.
- OilPaint effect - aka Kuwahara effect.
Each filter comes with a test you use not only to test it but also to calibrate it. Very useful with ToneMapping and ColorCorrection. I added also a test State which you may use runtime to properly implement this pair of filters.
p.s. The library is in a beta state. There are a lot of bugs probably. Some filter are very unoptimized - especially PixelArt.