Simply character rigged model?

Does anyone know where I can get a simply character rigged model?
Really struggling to find one. Have rigged one myself but realised I potentially don’t have time to learn how to add clothes/the animation etc itself.
Would be much appreciated.
Thankyous :slight_smile:

You have several of them in JME test data : Oto, Sinbad and Jaime.

Sorry; that was very unspecific of me. It has to be a human.

Theres one in the WorldForge asset pack. You can download it via the AssetPackManager

@normen said: Theres one in the WorldForge asset pack. You can download it via the AssetPackManager
Tried. For some reasons I get errors with it.
Load main file 3d_objects/characters/malebuilder/male/malebuilder_pants.mesh.xml Load Ogre Material Add Ogre Material Error loading model

Although it looks very medievil; I was going to use that for now and then find something/make something if I did have time that was more modern. Project is to be released in a few days =)

You can ignore that error afaics, you see the model when you turn on the light, right?

I’m also generally ending up with this error quite a bit

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.jme3.scene.debug.WireBox.fromBoundingBox(Lcom/jme3/bounding/BoundingBox;)V at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.controller.SceneToolController.attachBoxSelection(SceneToolController.java:253) at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.controller.SceneToolController.attachSelectionShape(SceneToolController.java:209) at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.controller.SceneToolController.doUpdateSelection(SceneToolController.java:134) at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.controller.SceneToolController$2.call(SceneToolController.java:122) at com.jme3.app.AppTask.invoke(AppTask.java:142) at com.jme3.app.Application.runQueuedTasks(Application.java:583) at com.jme3.app.Application.update(Application.java:596) at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.update(SceneApplication.java:302) at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.updateInThread(AwtPanelsContext.java:188) at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.access$100(AwtPanelsContext.java:44) at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext$AwtPanelsListener.update(AwtPanelsContext.java:68) at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.runLoop(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:125) at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.run(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:151) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

In addition to my own rig:

has vertices with more than 4 weights assigned. The model may not behave as it should.

Think if I can’t find one in the next 2 hours I’ll regive rigging another go. Sure a bit more experience and i’ll be able to fix that.

@normen said: You can ignore that error afaics, you see the model when you turn on the light, right?
Oh, yes sorry I was doing that from memory; the other day the head woudn't display (but it is now)
@avpeacock said: I'm also generally ending up with this error quite a bit

In addition to my own rig:

Think if I can’t find one in the next 2 hours I’ll regive rigging another go.

That error means you use nightly which is broken.

1 Like
@normen said: That error means you use nightly which is broken.
Damn, thought that was disabled! Thanks normen.
@avpeacock said: Damn, thought that was disabled! Thanks normen.

You can’t just disable the update center and get your SDK back to stable, you have to delete the settings.

@normen said: You can't just disable the update center and get your SDK back to stable, you have to delete the settings.
Aye I thought I had done it by uninstalling/reinstalling and not re-enabling. Clearly not though.
@normen said: You can't just disable the update center and get your SDK back to stable, you have to delete the settings.
Sorry to be annoying, but just incase I mess something up; Do I just delete a settings file?
@avpeacock said: Sorry to be annoying, but just incase I mess something up; Do I just delete a settings file?

The settings folder, or just the downloaded updates folder.

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/sdk:troubleshooting

1 Like