Sky loading support in blender importer

Hey everyone,

it has been a long time since I added an entirely new feature to the blender importer :slight_smile:

So I am happy to inform you that the sky loading had been added recently.
It might not yet be perfect but is enough for testing and getting some feedback from you.

The importer generates the blended texture as a sky if zenith and horizon color areset and ‘Blend’ option for sky is selected.
It also generates a sky from texture (both normal and generated ones) and applies horizon and zenith color to it.

Horizon color is also loaded as a background color.

The new features are stored in proper fields in the LoadingResult class.

There has been added a new option in blender key: skyGeneratedTextureSize.
By default it is set to 1000 pixels (width and height) but you can of course change that.
Also FeaturesToLoad interface has a new value added:
[java]
int WORLD = 0x00000040;
[/java]
that allows to either load or not load the world data.
By default this value is set.

I hope you will like it :slight_smile:

P.S.
For the moment the importer does not load the bottom texture for the sky (to save time and memory). Should I add it or make it as an option ??

P.S.2
Take in mind that loading generated textures might take a while.

3 Likes

HEy great work :slight_smile:
I’m really happy that you are still improving the importer, as I would say it’s the best one we had so far(especially considering art pipeline)

But bottom texture is important (think space games)

yeh, thanks for the great work you put into the importer :slight_smile: its definitely appreciated!

@Empire Phoenix said: HEy great work :) I'm really happy that you are still improving the importer, as I would say it's the best one we had so far(especially considering art pipeline)

But bottom texture is important (think space games)

Good point about the space games :wink:
I have just made a commit to fix that. Now the bottom texture is loaded as well.

Ok just a short information.

I have altered the generated texture for sky loading a little.
Now the texture can be created against the cube or a sphere and with a given radius.

The sphere is now a default shape so that the sky looks entirely seamless at the moment :slight_smile:

Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like