Sky scattering in jME, no problem

How are you actually doing it? Just an animated texture (gif), or how? This looks very interesting.

the billboard grid stuff or the sky scattering?

Yes, I mean how are you animating the sky? (Sky scattering)

So… how are you doing it?

it's done through shaders on spheres for simulating rayleigh and mie scattering…one shader for inside atmosphere scattering and one for being outside…lots of papers on the net on that

I actually only wanted to knew how you're doing it inside the atmosphere (i.e. doing sunsets & sunrises, etc…)

unfortunately i don't remember the names of the papers i read on it…but there are a few here: http://www.vterrain.org/Atmosphere/

other than that, google on reyleigh and mie scattering…

So that basically means there is no easy way of doing it. But how did you actually change those textures at runtime?

ehm, those are shaders not textures if I understood that correctly in the former posts

So… no animated textures. Well, never mind in that case.

hehe sorry for not being clear enough…no textures at all, everything is calculated in the shaders

wow  :-o … remembers me of a post of mine about an atmosphere for my earth seen from space  :wink:

… I … could … REALLY still use that if you wouldn't mind. what about the source?  :smiley: (shader file, testcase, … )

thanks,

Andy