Smartphones performances

Hey guys,

I’d like to know what android devices are the most likely able to run (in the fastest way) jME apps and as I don’t know much about smartphones I’m calling for your advices.

My mind is actually on following devices :

(available yet)

• HTC Desire HD
  • Sony Ericsson XPeria Arc
  • LG Optimus 2x

(incoming soon)
  • Samsung Galaxy S2
  • LG Optimus 3D

Tell me if you see any other good device that I could have missed.

Thx !

I don’t have much in-depth knowledge to share, but I can say this much: It’d definitely be nice to have a dual-core device to test jME on. In other words, LG Optimus 2x is a strong contender.

Ok thx, actually my company is planing to buy the all (O_o) and later the HTC Evo 3D.

Just another advice please regarding the Google Nexus S. Is it as performing as Desire HD or Xperia Arc ?

The specs say yes.

I personally am waiting for a smartphone with

Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8660 CPU and Adreno 220 GPU

Those last should be embedded in HTC Evo 3D according to its technical specifications. But it’s not gonna be out before a while.

Hi,

Just thought I’d let you know I have the Optimus 2X and downloaded the the test applications from the Android market. Unfortunately most of them do not run, even when using vertex arrays(VA) as opposed to vertex buffer objects(VBO) selected as an option.

I’ve been looking through the SDK and it all looks very promising so I am a little disappointed to see the test apps fail on my device. I’m sure there must be some more up-to-date versions or I am doing something incorrect as OpenGL ES2.0 is definitely supported on the device (There’s some other demo’s I tested just to be sure…)

I haven’t yet run the latest SDK from SVN yet on my device, I’ll try that next…

Thanks.

Ok, I should have searched the forums better…

Of the four tests that should work the only one that doesn’t is the helloworld.HelloEffects. Hopefully full support will grow, I am certainly here to help if I can!

1 Like
garethf said:
Of the four tests that should work the only one that doesn't is the helloworld.HelloEffects. Hopefully full support will grow, I am certainly here to help if I can!

Thanks for the feedback. As no core developer has an Android device you can help in any way you see fit, be it fixes for the build script, fixes for stuff that broke through changes in the core jme3 and of course even improvements and suggestions of any kind :) If you have any changes made, post a patch file in the corresponding code tags in the jme3 contributions forum.

Cheers,
Normen