I’m trying to deploy my attempt of game and I’m facing some difficult.
I would like to avoid users to install JAVA (the whole jMonkey SDK works without asking me to install it, so I think is possible )
Following this tutorial Deploy Wiki I made the JAR.
The Deployed JAR file run in my VM (where i installed the adoptopenjdk) with “java -jar nameFile.jar”
The next step was to create a self contained output but I didn’t found how to do it and searching for similar questions let me discover this tool:
New desktop deployment for 3.1
but it failed with the error in the title of the topic and during the deploy I learned that “Warning: Nashorn engine is planned to be removed from a future JDK release”.
In other topics I found many reference to Gradle but as newbie I don’t know how to make it work.
So I’m facing two scenarios each one with some questions:
Moving forward with my attempt, is there an easy way to release my game in a cross-platform, self contained way?
Yes, there is I successfully used directly this packr
Using the terminal I was able to figure out that in my case the issue was related to a failed attempt to access to the shared folder file from my VM. Now from my host (without Java installed I can play the game). Hope it will help to someone and save a couple of days
Now I can move happily to discover alternative.
Moving to Gradle,
- why it create two projects? (BasicGradleGame with sources and one with the asset)
- is there something i can write into the build.gradle file in other to have the output I’m looking for?
Sorry to bother you but I can’t figure out how to solve it.
Some additional info:
- I installed into the VM the adoptopenjdk instead the openjdk otherwise I have this error:
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 111: check_match: Assertion `version->filename == NULL || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)’ failed!
- The Nashorn engine don’t download JRE by it self so I manually downloaded from here (Installation | AdoptOpenJDK - Open source, prebuilt OpenJDK binaries) and place where expected by the tool
- Ubuntu 20.04
- Product Version: jMonkeyEngine SDK v3.3.2-stable
- Updates: jMonkeyEngine SDK is updated to version NetBeans 8.2 Patch 2
- Java: 11.0.6; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 11.0.6+10
- Runtime: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 11.0.6+10
System: Linux version 5.4.0-66-generic running on amd64; UTF-8; en_US (jmonkeyplatform)