[SOLVED]Error on Import

Hello,

I am using JME3 (updates are done)

i cant open a blender 2.49 file

don’t know where to find logs about this

my blend file has multiples models, paths, … so i don’t know if it contains too much data

but i already tried with a simple scene with a cube, it does noot work either

plz help :frowning:

@normen said:
If you knew about the assetManager it would make sense to you

ok,

sorry i don't know him personaly (lol)

although i have read the page you sent me

so why not make an automatic copy to the asset folder (sorry if the question is dumb)

so i can maintain my original file where i want (as it would make sense to everyone "external" folder organisation
so it is copied where it should be, i think it is a good compromise
after all, i am not supposed to deal with that , neither the inside of the assetManager code
the ide itself recognize external folders and the files in it ...

but i guess we could argue forever on this

:P

Thats what the model import tool is for and thats what it does. But if you store your model in a way that the image location and the model file have no relation whatsoever then the importer cannot just assume that relation for you. That is why the images have to be in the same folder or a subfolder, else the whole path (e.g. /Username/Mydocuments/images/textures/image.jpg) would have to be transferred to your assets folder. So as outlined in the wiki, just save your models and textures in the assets folder from the start so the relative location is defined from the start. Really, we don’t do it this way because we are dumb or want to annoy you.

open the output window (windows menu) and switch to the “Application” tab, thats where you see the log

1 Like
@normen said:
open the output window (windows menu) and switch to the "Application" tab, thats where you see the log

nothing happens
no additional in Output/Application tab :(
@rompelstilchen said:
nothing happens
no additional in Output/Application tab :(

In the main SDK, there is _always_ an Application tab. Maybe you are not looking in the right place?
@pspeed said:
In the main SDK, there is _always_ an Application tab. Maybe you are not looking in the right place?

i meant : no additional info in Output/Application tab

asi said, it does not seem to do anything, it just says import error

i tried with the simplest default blender scene (1 cube)

use blender 2.59…

that worked for me, I had troubles with both blender 2.49 and 2.63… But 2.59 worked like a charm.

As long as I’m not doing uv wrapping, than I need to export to ogre xml.

@nightmare2real said:
use blender 2.59..

that worked for me, I had troubles with both blender 2.49 and 2.63... But 2.59 worked like a charm.
As long as I'm not doing uv wrapping, than I need to export to ogre xml.

thx, but i need to use 2.49
besides, with 2.50 i feel like i have to relearn blender,, no way, and no time to do that

If you need to use 2.49 then export your model (try with the cube first) to either .obj or ogre.xml

I know what you mean, I was a little reluctant at first, but after watching some of these tutorials: http://cgcookie.com/blender/get-started-with-blender/

I’m really starting to like the 2.5x series compared to 2.4x :slight_smile:

ogre exporter only export 1 mesh at a time, i need to export a whole scene

last time i tried blender 250 did not find the images, all etxtures were gone

Strange you should be able to export a scene using ogre exporter… have you sat the Export Scene property to true ?

@nightmare2real said:
Strange you should be able to export a scene using ogre exporter... have you sat the Export Scene property to true ?

i made a test with v261 of blender, same problem
@nightmare2real said:
Strange you should be able to export a scene using ogre exporter... have you sat the Export Scene property to true ?

how/where do i set that property ?

It’s a property for the ogrexml plugin available in the SDK, at least for 2.5, havn’t tried using 2.49.

Try to visit this webpage: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Blender+dotScene+Exporter

to see if you are able to export your scene,using this plugin

@nightmare2real said:
It's a property for the ogrexml plugin available in the SDK, at least for 2.5, havn't tried using 2.49.

Try to visit this webpage: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Blender+dotScene+Exporter

to see if you are able to export your scene,using this plugin

yeah, i already noticed this , but i still have to export objects 1 by 1, wich lead to the same problem

seems far away from importing from the jme platform itself
@rompelstilchen said:
thx, but i need to use 2.49
besides, with 2.50 i feel like i have to relearn blender,, no way, and no time to do that

i just saved a simble scene with blender 2.59
and still i get the same error on import :(

if there was an error it appears in the log (you apparently still look at something else) but it also appears as a small warning sign in the lower right. Maybe you see that one, then click on it.

@normen said:
if there was an error it appears in the log (you apparently still look at something else) but it also appears as a small warning sign in the lower right. Maybe you see that one, then click on it.

lol, see for yourself... or maybe i am blind

http://i.imgur.com/C9xg3.jpg

Right, theres the warning sign, next to the “176 | 12 | INS”