[SOLVED] Illegal reflective access on one system (from core)

I have my game uploaded on Itch.io. It executes, but on one of my systems, I get this in the log:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.jme3.util.ReflectionAllocator (file:/C:/Users/asser/AppData/Roaming/itch/apps/Subspace%20Infinity/libs/jme3-core-3.2.3-stable.jar) to method sun.nio.ch.DirectBuffer.cleaner()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.jme3.util.ReflectionAllocator
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Logged here:

And my game just wont let the client attach:

But if I try from my laptop, it works just fine (also from Itch.io)…

Any ideas?

Do you have the same version of java on both systems? Or does one have 11 and one have 8 or something?

Ah - thanks. That’s probably it.

Hhmm…

malfunctioning system:

C:\Windows\system32>java -version
java version “1.8.0_201”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

working system:

C:\Windows\system32>java -version
java version “1.8.0_211”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_211-b12)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.211-b12, mixed mode)

If I run the game from the SDK it works (on the system where itch.io fails)

Edit: Let me check SDK

Okay, so SDK is using 1.8, itch.io is launching with jdk-11.0.2… (OpenJDK)

Have to get rid of the jdk-11

Can you try with LWJGL3 to see if that happens ?

I’m using jme3-lwjgl:3.2.3-stable

This would be LWJGL 2

tbh yes that issue is because latest java versions try to lock us out on reflective access to internal buffers, but that’s only a warning, it should NOT be the source of the ConnectionException, for that you might have to dig into application.log.

Okay, but my issue is solved when removing OpenJDK (v11), and running with jdk 1.8. I dont want to re-install OpenJDK and re-introduce the issue to dig any further :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, there could be other JDK version incompatibilities that affect the lower level network connections.