[solved] Is there a live-debug-mode on this SDK?

Hey,

i’ve tried to live-debug my game, i want to do something like this: there is my game, opened, and my jME3 window. I want to change the color of objects or the position. I’ve tried out the debug-mode, but it wasn’t applied to my game. anyone who knows how it works or if this thing works?

No something like that doesn’t exist yet.

okay ;(

but anyway, thanks! hope that it will come in newer versions of jME3 it’s really helpful…

@normen If this needs to be implemented, is it going to be a feature of the engine or the sdk?

I don’t know much (yet) about the jmonkey engine, but my gues would be that, this would be a feature of the SDK. It would however requere that there would be some public available getters and setters on the object, that needs to be implemented during live-debug mode.

I think you could force that by binding a key to whatever you want to test. Each key press could delete the cached material, texture or whatever so the SDK would have to fetch it back from the asset directory…

Granted I’ve never tried that, but I think this could work.

yes that’s the way i’m currently fix that problem but it’s not as elegant as the missing life-debug-mode…

@madjack doesn’t sound like a good idea when projects get a little big.

but good enought for smaller projects :wink:

@iamcreasy said:
@madjack doesn't sound like a good idea when projects get a little big.

I didn't say it was the replacement for the wheel. ;) Just saying that if that's a feature anyone really really want, that's one way to do it.

@madjack Yeh. But, I was really thinking more like a scripting system. Maybe javascript or Groovy console. Is it going to take a long way to work it with the sdk? or engine modification is required. What do you think?

@iamcreasy said:
Is it going to take a long way to work it with the sdk? or engine modification is required. What do you think?

The question is what you put in that interface. The engine per se isn't much more than the scenegraph which you can edit completely in the SceneExplorer. Anything else depends on the application in question, like I repeatedly say the SDK cannot give access to features the engine doesn't have.
2 Likes