[Solved] "Jmonkey 3.1 Stable" hangs and unusable in Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon

Hi,

I have just received “Mesa 17.0.7” through “System Update”. The old Mesa version was 12.0.6. After the update was completed, I rebooted the PC, and the JMonkey 3.1 Stable would hangs during launch.

I hope someone could help.
Here is the details of this PC.

NVIDIA: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Driver Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 375.66

1 Like

Does your machine have an integrated graphics chip in addition to the nVidia GPU? I’m wondering if the new Mesa version messed up your nVidia driver configuration.

1 Like

Yes, my motherboard has integrated graphic card. Here is the details of my motherboard.

At this point, I am uninstaling Jmonkey 3.1, and will reinstall it soon. I will let you know if that would fix it.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

No problem. I’m on Linux Mint 18.2 also… right now I can’t be much help, as I’m at work with my laptop (Intel integrated graphics). When I get home I can check on my desktop (also Mint 18.2).

1 Like

Does it give any kind of a printout before hanging if you run from the terminal? Also, are you running the SDK or a jME project?

1 Like

It did not give me any error message. However, the problem is now disappear after reinstalling it. The JMonkey SDK appears to launch, work faster, and smooter with this new Mesa.

Thank you very much for your help. I love it.

1 Like

No worries, glad to help out and glad you solved your issue. I think you have an issue with your graphics drivers though - Mesa shouldn’t affect jME unless you’re running on your integrated graphics chip (which, if you were me, you wouldn’t want if you’re packing a GTX 750 Ti ;)).

1 Like