[Solved] [Lemur] How to manually position inside container?

Thank you for the reply!

I really just want my main menu to be a little png background, a title in a nice box floating a little above a nice separate box with the buttons. Something pretty much like this random menu I found on google, but shifted up a little, so that that the top of the button box is at mid-sceen:
https://imgur.com/a/aWfwLBG

My menu has the right pieces, but the components are filling the leftover space rather than staying at the size I set.

I had actually tried using 3 different containers set inside a jme3 node, but it was a pain to position properly, even after I wrote a class to get reliable relative screen sizes.

I do agree that I’m most likely after a Layout, I’m just honestly at a loss as to how to work it (it definitely ain’t css grids lol).

I’m thinking it’s a little similar to this other post, where you mentioned disabling the stretch:

But with that, I wouldn’t even know how to position things like I want them.

For example, in css, I would set up a grid (let’s say 10x10 to make it easy), and assign the grid container the background (similar to this), and then move grid children by setting

grid-column-start
grid-column-end
grid-row-start
grid-row-end

And like that I could hover the Title like i want by setting (still assuming 10x10 grid):

grid-column-start: 3
grid-column-end: 7
grid-row-start: 2
grid-row-end: 4

And the button container I can set like:

grid-column-start: 3
grid-column-end: 7
grid-row-start: 5
grid-row-end: 8

I hope the css example helps out.