[SOLVED] Private.properties file

Hello.
I am wondering if, with the private.properties file I can redefine
user.properties.file=C:\\Users\\anony\\AppData\\Roaming\\.jmonkeyplatform\\v3.2.2-stable-sdk1\\build.properties

With the short version: user.properties.file=%AppData%\\.jmonkeyplatform\\v3.2.2-stable-sdk1\\build.properties
Since it would help me and my team pass the project around us easily without breaking the project or at least not have it dependent on the name of the User?

I am also wondering if this changes automatically when the project is updated via SVN or importing the project?

Kind responses will be appreciated, thank-you! :slight_smile:

I guess that won’t work like that but that’s not what you want anyway:
Everything “private” (I think there also is a private folder), is something you shouldn’t share.
Here it stores the Path to the SDK Settings but since your team is free to use whatever version they want and where they want to install it, this doesn’t make sense. I think in this file we also store the selected color scheme for the SDK.

It shouldn’t matter if this file is gone, it is regenerated when your open the project with the SDK.
Just give it a try, these files aren’t that critical (even if you manage to break the project, you can always create a new project and copy the sourcecode into it)

Thankyou for your response, this information has helped us understand jMonkeyEngine more :).
Also, one more thing to mention is that before, when my team was sharing around a project, jMonkeyEngine complained that it couldn’t find the library and a specific Jar file our project relies on. I guess deleting the file and allowing it to regenerate will work, but I don’t know if that erases the defined Jar variables that our project relies on. It would be a pain to have to redefine all our Jar files.

The problem there is when using Libraries instead of “JARs”:
Have a look at the project.properties file (which you should share and not delete): There is a line which contains all libraries but it specifies them by name, so when a teammate has “AI-Library” as library and you have “ailib”, the SDK cannot make the connection between the two.

That’s why you can/should work with “JARs” where you simply add the path to the jar and it is saved like that. It’s not so good to maintain but it always works and no new team member has to set up libraries

Thankyou for your help, @Darkchaos! :slight_smile:

1 Like