[Solved] Problem with Linux lwjgl natives

The Linux natives for lwjgl that are in the lib folder for jme2.1 don’t work for Ubuntu 11.04.

I’ve tried with the latest lwjgl natives, but they give the same error.

Which version should I use?

The error I get is the following:

[java]ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: getPointer

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1803)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1728)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1028)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:72)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:65)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:81)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:98)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:129)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) com.jmex.editors.swing.settings.GameSettingsPanel.<init>(GameSettingsPanel.java:119)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) com.jmex.editors.swing.settings.GameSettingsPanel.prompt(GameSettingsPanel.java:418)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) com.jmex.editors.swing.settings.GameSettingsPanel.prompt(GameSettingsPanel.java:410)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) com.limewoodGames.eventHorizon.client.Main.main(Main.java:54)

ALLVARLIG: (ExceptionHandler) com.limewoodGames.eventHorizon.test.MainTest.main(MainTest.java:13)[/java]

EDIT: Solved by using Ardor3D lwjgl.

You also have to exchange the jar library…

Do you mean to the latest version jar library?

I’ll try that. Using the jar library from the repository and the natives from there as well gave the above error.

EDIT: Tried the latest version jar (2.7.1) with the latest version natives and got the same error as with the repository jar and natives (as above).

I tried using the jar’s and natives from ardor3d and they worked.

Now I’m getting another strange error, related to some C-code.

[java]java: …/…/src/xcb_io.c:140: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `req == dpy->xcb->pending_requests’ failed.[/java]

Could this be related to the lwjgl libraries or natives or what does it mean?

EDIT: After some searching and testing, I think it’s related to some component called xcb that’s used by Xlib (for the X window system). I don’t get the error when running nifty tests or jgn tests or jme tests, so I don’t see why I’m getting the problem.

If anyone has a clue about what I might be doing wrong, please let me know.

This error is not seen on MacOS/X.

EDIT2: It seems the above error is triggered by threading problems. Seemingly I’ve solved it now with the use of the good old GameTaskQueueManager.