[SOLVED] Setting up jME in Eclipse

Hey guys, I'm new to jME and I want to make an eclipse project of it but I keep getting 100 errors.

Thanks  :D

Did you follow these tutorials? http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php/video_tutorial_-_setting_up_eclipse_to_build_jme_2

I use maven to build my eclipse projects and get JME2 into Eclipse.

You have to install maven, then open up the command line, and from the root of the JME directory (where the pom.xml file is), type:

mvn eclipse:eclipse

That will create your eclipse project, when you can then 'import' into eclipse.

I can give you some more detail when you get maven installed, if you go that route.

cheers

Sploreg said:

Did you follow these tutorials? http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php/video_tutorial_-_setting_up_eclipse_to_build_jme_2

I use maven to build my eclipse projects and get JME2 into Eclipse.
You have to install maven, then open up the command line, and from the root of the JME directory (where the pom.xml file is), type:
mvn eclipse:eclipse

That will create your eclipse project, when you can then 'import' into eclipse.

I can give you some more detail when you get maven installed, if you go that route.

cheers

Thanks alot, I'm gonna download Maven right now
I'll be in touch  :D

Do I need the updating thing?

What do you mean by 'updating thing'?

Sploreg said:

What do you mean by 'updating thing'?

the CVS or SVN but I've got it done already I think just got 13 errors now  :roll:

They're all due to restriction on required library C:Program FilesJavajre6rt.jar

Any idea?  :-o
Thanks  XD

That can sometimes be caused by deprecated API in the jars. You can make eclipse not die on them by going to:

Window->Preferences->java->compiler->Errors/warnings

Then expanding the 'Deprecated and Restricted API' section, and setting 'Deprecated API' to WARNING instead of error.

If that doesn't work, maybe someone else has another idea. You can also try installing a newer JDK and pointing eclipse to use the JRE from there.

Hope that helps a little.

cheers

Sploreg said:

That can sometimes be caused by deprecated API in the jars. You can make eclipse not die on them by going to:
Window->Preferences->java->compiler->Errors/warnings
Then expanding the 'Deprecated and Restricted API' section, and setting 'Deprecated API' to WARNING instead of error.
If that doesn't work, maybe someone else has another idea. You can also try installing a newer JDK and pointing eclipse to use the JRE from there.

Hope that helps a little.

cheers

It's already set to Warning  :?

This is what it looks like:

Deprecated API:                                                                Warning
[ ] Signal use of deprecated API inside deprecated code
[ ] Signal overriding or implementing deprecated method

Forbidden reference (access rules):                                      Error

Discouraged reference (access rules):                                    Warning

EDIT: Changed Forbidden reference to Warning and it works now :)

Thanks alot!