[SOLVED][tonegodGUI] position and dimension get wrong calculated

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I hope you can understand a bit what I’m saying because english isn’t easy for me to write^^
I’m very new to development with jme3 and I just worked a few days with tonegodGUI so I’m sorry if I make a really bizzare mistake

In the last few days with tonegodgui I’ve got some really nice experience with it and some really bad. The first thing was that the ChatBoxExt doesn’t support to disable the button out from code so I’ve write my own ChatBox. After that I had a really confusing issue with scrollarea elements which get displayed outside the area and the scrolling also bugged so I rewrite a “only as much as I need” duplicate of the ScrollArea to fix both issues (after then I doesn’t have found this nice sub-section _). So now I’ve a new really hard “wtf” problem. So first I looked if this only apears with my “Element modifications” but it also apears with the Quick Start code out of the TonegodGUI Documentations here.

If I use this code:

Window win = new Window(screen, UIDUtil.getUID(), new Vector2f(0, 0), new Vector2f(100.0F, 300.0F));
screen.addElement(win);

ButtonAdapter button = new ButtonAdapter(screen, UIDUtil.getUID(), new Vector2f(80.0F, 20.0F), new Vector2f(20.0F, 20.0F));
win.addChild(button);

…I think the button should be placed at the righter out of the window element but it apeared a bit more left then the middle line (left-to-right middle line) of the window element

So I thought it could have an easy fix: the dimension and position of an element aren’t in the same units? Because this is the only way I could understand the false positioning.
The other thing I’ve thinked about is I’ve an corrupted or outdated jar file imported. I got mine from the Google Code site (last update) because I couldn’t find an jar anywhere else (I don’t like repos T_T xD). If you know a better place to get it, tell me.

Thanks for reading
Nexor

ChatBoxExt:
[java]
chatBoxExt.showSendButton(false);
[/java]

For ScrollArea… use ScrollBox instead, the other was for internal use mostly.

Did you download the example app by chance? tonegod.gui.tests.rar at http://sourceforge.net/projects/tonegodemitter/files/?

The Wiki docs are a bit out of date… to say the least

Oh also… yes… likely that jar file is specific to a project I had posted out there and would not be up-to-date. Please install the plugin via the SDK to ensure that you are always using the latest updated build.

@t0neg0d said: Oh also... yes... likely that jar file is specific to a project I had posted out there and would not be up-to-date. Please install the plugin via the SDK to ensure that you are always using the latest updated build.

Whoo you’ve alive! =).

As a poss suggestion, what about moving t0neg0d to git hub? It might encourage more collaboration and fixes?

First of all thanks :slight_smile:

For the chatbox I do now use an own which has an hardcoded interface to the server. I check ScrollBox later.
I’ve downloaded the plugin like you said and then add the tonegodgui lib to my project but the incorrect positioning is already there. I make some tests and post the results. (Btw: I hope I’m adding the plugin correct to my project with Project > Properties > add Library > Global Libraries > tonegodGUI?)

P.S. Problem solved. It was on half the false jar file on the other half my issue … after implementing the plugin lib instead of the jar the “setMinDimensions” method began to work (which didn’t work with the jar). Now I can set the min dimension to 1, 1 and can size every element like I want :slight_smile: (If you don’t understand: Because the method didn’t work I couldn’t test if the windows width is really correct).
Like I’ve said, for the ScrollBox I look later.

EDIT: Sorry for the late answer but I’ve tested the ScrollPanel (I think you mean Panel instead of Box because it gives no ScrollBox in your lib) and there the same error apears but it flow only at the bottom over not at top and bottom like ScrollArea. But I’m fine now with my own version of the scrollarea :slight_smile:

Thanks for help