-Source 1.6 Error on JME 3.1

Help! I just downloaded JME 3.1 and loaded the test projects, but I keep getting this error - diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6 ArrayList<> ( and two other errors), (use -source 7 or higher to enable dimond operator). Please tell me what to do in details, without the tech talk. BTW: I’m using Windows 10.

Use source 1.7 instead of source 1.6

ie: Java7 instead of Java6

Given that you are stumbling around this fairly basic Java issue, I’m going to guess that you achieved this error just by poking buttons in the SDK. If so, then you need to go into the project properties and find where is says Java 1.6 or Java 6 source compatibility and change it to 1.7 or 7 or whatever. (Been like 3 years since I even opened the SDK so I don’t remember for sure.)

Thank you, I’ll try that.

Ok, so i set the source to JDK 7 then JDK 8, and now the error message says - “cannot access MotionState.getMotionState().applyTransform(spartial)”, Now what??

You’re going to have to give us a lot more information about your project setup, your code, what you’re trying to achieve, etc. before we can give you very meaningful help for an error like that.

I just installed JME 3.1. When I opened and (try) to run test projects that came with JME, I first got an -source 1.6 error. Someone said to goto projects properties and change it to 1.7 or 7. I changed source to 7 SDK then 8 SDK, now I’m getting an MotionState error. Now what???

This is the error -
C:\JME3\Test\JmeTests\src\jme3test\bullet\PhysicsHoverControl.java:187: error: cannot access MotionState
getMotionState().applyTransform(spatial);
class file for com.bulletphysics.linearmath.MotionState not found
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: C:\JME3\Test\JmeTests\src\jme3test\export\TestAssetLinkNode.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 error
… and here’s the program line error -
public void update(float tpf) {
if (enabled && spatial != null) {
getMotionState().applyTransform(spatial);
}
}

have you included the bullet libraries in your project?

1 Like

Remove the jme3-jbullet and replace it by jme3-bullet-native.

Those two things were indeed Bugs but already fixed on Master, they just arent in 3.1-stable