Start an app from an other app

hi i try to start and app form an other up ,that is running but first app crushes and 2nd 1 doesnt start

i put this in a method of first app to start the 2nd “” HelloAnimation app = new HelloAnimation();
app.start(); “”" (i tried to use guide apps that cant be broken as well)
but each time first app frees and 2nd app dont actually starts,am i missing some thing ?
if i havent missed any thing (and i probably did just dont know what :slight_smile: ) to test it u can paste it to any app method u have with the name of any working app u have
I also noticed that if i cancel the start of the 2nd app ,first 1 do not crush ,but just unfreez and go forward.
Actually all what i would do is a game that start an other game from inside and the first game turns off while 2nd is running
I tried to use TRY CHATCH and prints… but it prints nothing out…

I suspect the SimpleApplication class wasn’t designed to start a 2nd instance as you’re attempting to do.

Depending what effect you’re trying to achieve, you may have better success converting each application to a com.jme3.app.state.AppState and enabling them one at a time. Or (less likely) you may want to look at the java.lang.Runtime#exec() methods.

You can only have one Application per application because the application is the application.

If you want to start an app from another app then you use Runtime.exec()
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/Runtime.html#exec(java.lang.String)

…because that’s the only way starting an application from another application makes any sense.

1 Like

THNX :slight_smile: i will work on :slight_smile:

But still it won’t stop me from calling MySecondApp.main(null);

BWAHAHAHA!!! :smiling_imp:

1 Like