Start screen of a game

hello,

Is there a way to disable the start screen of every game ?
The one where you choose resolution , fullscreen , and other options ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Found it :

[java]
app.setShowSettings(false);
[/java]

1 Like

Note that you still have to check for supported screen modes, if the computer/graphics card/monitor doesn’t support the set resolution you won’t be able to initialize a full screen context.

What norman said… if you need any help with this, please do ask. I do all my resolution/option type changes in game and it works very well. There are a couple things to keep in mind, like rebuilding your post processing filters and such… so don’t be shy about getting help. Will save you time.

1 Like
@t0neg0d said: There are a couple things to keep in mind, like rebuilding your post processing filters
mhhh really?.. never tried to be honest, but the screen change should call the processor.reshape method... I'll look into this, it should be automatic
@nehon said: mhhh really?.. never tried to be honest, but the screen change should call the processor.reshape method... I'll look into this, it should be automatic

For what it’s worth, when I changed Mythruna to allow resetting screen size at runtime, I’ve never had a problem with the filters. So I’m not sure what the issue is either.

Maybe its been fixed since?

@zarch said: Maybe its been fixed since?

…or broken since? I rarely update.

It’s been a while since I threw this part together, so I can’t remember specifically which filter had an issue. I had to call reshape directly on something or other to update the frame buffer size or the filter(s) would continue to render at the original screen size. This could be custom filters I was having an issue with, however, the reshape method was never called even though the filter was in the chain.

EDIT:

Um… lemme add a list of filters I am using… most are custom… however the reshape methods are set up to rebuild the frame buffers and if I call reshape directly, this filters update fine.

FXAA - from JME
SSAO - custom filter (self explainitory)
GhostImage - custom filter - does nothing more than render a specified GeometryList with a forced material and does a depth comparison to determine whether the object is visible in the scene and renders the ghost if not.
TargetingFilter - custom filter - Outline tracing of a given GeometryList

If I remove all filters aside from FXAA, reshape still doesn’t seem to be called properly. Hope that is helpful

Oh… and I haven’t updated in quite a while either… so if something changed… it would be on or before the time nightlies stopped.