Starting game app in nifty method

Hello,
So I’m trying to create an instance of a game class that extends from simpleApplication, which contains the game itself, from a method to be called by pressing a button in the GUI. The problem is the app gets frozen as soon a I click on it and doesn’t load the app. Any help would be appreciated

@NiftyEventSubscriber(id = "btnPlay")
    public void onSwitchButtonPlay(final String id, final ButtonClickedEvent event) {
        System.out.print("game");
        Game app = new Game();
        app.start(JmeContext.Type.Display);
    }

But if this is a nifty button then isn’t the application already running?

@pspeed said: But if this is a nifty button then isn't the application already running?

Well… technically yes, but then how should I start the game itself, I mean the GUI is there but I want the game to start after pressing the start button, how do you “eliminate” de GUI after starting it and then run the game itself?

Generally an application should only have one application in it.

What you describe is precisely what AppStates are for.

@pspeed said: Generally an application should only have one application in it.

What you describe is precisely what AppStates are for.

Isn’t there a way to do it without implementing app states, I’m literally in the deadline for my project D: I just don’t understand why does it crash when trying to run the game application after pressing the button

@DualHunter said: Isn't there a way to do it without implementing app states, I'm literally in the deadline for my project D: I just don't understand why does it crash when trying to run the game application after pressing the button

“I don’t understand why my car crashes when I create a new car inside of my car.”

One application per application, please.

I don’t understand what the big deal. Making an app state is like a cut and paste job. You could have done it in less time than it took to think about and respond to the last post.