Sticky Camera

I’ve been banging my head against this “problem” for a bit now and am at the point where I am ready to ask for some assistance on the matter. What I am attempting to do is take a ChaseCamera but have it operate such that the camera is stuck just behind and slightly above a target spatial (a pretty standard third person view point). The standard ChaseCamera does mostly what I want it to do except that, for example, if I rotate the spatial/model so that it is now facing to the right the camera stays in place such that is now sitting off to the right of the spatial. What I need it to do is, when the spatial is rotated, to rotate as well so that it still remains in its relative position to the spatial before it was rotated. My math skills, and understanding of 3d scene manipulation, is not quite where it needs to be yet so I hope someone out there can guide me in the right direction.

Thanks

you might want to try this

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/user-code-projects/forum/topic/autorotatecamera/

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. I’ve been digging through forum posts and abusing google to no end. Not sure how none of my searches brought that up. Thank you.