Submit screen shot captcha

captcha image is broken… does it happen only to me? i tested with chrome, mozilla, IE and safari with the same result…

Yep, just you.  It appears just fine for me.

firefox 3: i dont see a image at all.

ie 7: same as blue_veek

Core-Dump said:

ie 7: same as blue_veek

well... seems i'm not the only one.
Core-Dump said:

same here!

Same here with Chrome!

Also, when viewing the image itself, I get an Internal Server Error.

PFL-Anubis said:

Also, when viewing the image itself, I get an Internal Server Error.

yeah, ugly:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@jmonkeyengine.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at jmonkeyengine.com Port 80

Mojomonk still visits the board, maybe write him a pm about it if he didn't see it yet.

I updated the captcha to be medium strength…let me know if that solves the problem.  Ideally we probably don't want to keep it this way though because our forum spam will start piling up again, but if this fixes the problem it will at least tell us where the problem lies.

no change for me, still the same

And theres a new spam in the releases forum :)  doh.

I can't see it (using FF3).  Only discovered it after filling in the form.  :expressionless:

Steve16384 said:

I can't see it (using FF3).  Only discovered it after filling in the form.  :|

ok, maybe with the site migration and all the "fun" going on now this might be fixed..

I'll have a look into this and see what the deal is

sbook said:

I'll have a look into this and see what the deal is
But does the problem actually still persist? blue_veek, can you still not see the captcha image when attempting to upload images?

Also, Skye, remember that we'd like to upgrade to SMF 2.0 very soon, probably shortly after the domain issues are all sorted out. Then I'd be able to apply the updated twitter mod as well as do some bulk-moderation to re-structure.

well the screenshot submission is actually working under the old wordpress… the problem seems to have been around from a few months ago…

I'll be re-writing the screenshot submission page as a php script available to registered forum users and will re-create the screenshots page to automatically use the images uploaded by users.  The page in it's current form is static with a link to upload the images, but no provision to include them on the page…  I'll be sure to have something usable so that all can be showcased…  This will bring good press for both the project/user as well as the engine…