TerrainEditor in SDK painting error

I am using the jMonkeyEngine SDK v3.2.1, and I have an issue when I use the paint tool in the terrain editor and make a new paint texture and paint with it and save the scene, I get the error below

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Scene graph is not properly updated for rendering.
 State was changed after rootNode.updateGeometricState() call. 
Make sure you do not modify the scene from another thread!
Problem spatial name: Root Node
at com.jme3.scene.Spatial.checkCulling(Spatial.java:360)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderSubScene(RenderManager.java:717)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderScene(RenderManager.java:710)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:1096)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:1158)
at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.update(SceneApplication.java:324)
at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.updateInThread(AwtPanelsContext.java:200)
at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.access$100(AwtPanelsContext.java:45)
at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext$AwtPanelsListener.update(AwtPanelsContext.java:69)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.runLoop(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:125)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.run(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:156)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

and when I load it or go back in the terrain editor, that painted texture is now gone, but the texture is still in the list of paint textures? Help!

I have also gotten the State was changed after rootNode.updateGeometricState() call. error when closing a scene in the SDK, but it has never caused any problems and happens inconsistently so I usually just ignore it.

Also, the terrain editor seems to act slightly different than the scene composer with some things.

One difference I have noticed (which is most likely causing your saving issue) is that the pop-up dialogue prompting you to save the scene when you close it will not save the terrain properly. Try using ‘ctrl’ + ‘s’ instead before closing the scene anytime you’re painting or sculpting in the terrain editor, and I think that should solve the issue

1 Like