TestQuadWater problem

Hi

This test appears to work OK: I can see the cube refracted through the water and everything looks good.

However, if I look in particular directions, all water appears to be pure white. Why is this? There doesn't seem to be much information about what's going on. Is it possible that this system doesn't support shaders? I don't really know what shaders are but I see them mentioned a lot with this pass so thought that might be the problem.

Thanks

If you can see the cube refracting correctly then your system supports shaders (If it doesn't you would just get an error message when running the test).

First, be sure to download the latest drivers for your video card. If it still doesn't work, it might be possible that your video card does not correctly handle some parts of the shader which causes the errors you mentioned.

yeah, i've got the latest drivers. was just looking for some confirmation it might be the card, rather than an intentional effect.

thanks!

i've just implemented my own water using code taken from testQuadWater and it works fine. I'm not sure what the difference is, but it appears to not be a problem with this card after all.