I've added a new feature that is extremely basic, but I've thought on more than one occasion how useful it would be so now it's finally here. TextGameState is a simple game state that's entire purpose is to display text (like SimpleGame does for FPS) but the text is settable. I'm not sure how useful it will be for released games, but for debugging purposes I think it will be extremely useful.
I checked in some other changes so I'll just stick my CVS commit entry here:
* Modifications to ThrottleController
* Added JavaDocs to explain the massive number of params that have to be passed on instantiation
* Added deadZone to define the area on both sides of 0.0f that automatically get considered 0.0f
* Added degradation to explicitly define how fast thrust will degrade back to 0.0f
* Added alwaysDegrade to define if even with key/button thrust specification it will degrade toward 0.0f
* Added 50ms wait when 0.0f is reached before changing speeds. This will keep fast updating clients from receiving too many keypresses that keep you from ever reaching 0.0f
* Created TextGameState to allow a GameState to be displayed that is designed entirely just to display text. Will add features later to set to a specific area on the screen.
* Modified TestSwingControlEditor to make use of changes to ThrottleController and added TextGameState to display the current throttle and thrust