textNode rendering glitch

This may be a question for Guurk, but here it goes anyway. I’m using createStdTextNode to create text for my chat window, mostly because it is so fast vs. UIBitmapText, which I found to be too slow for a real time chat window.

So anyway, the problem I’ve seen is that when rendering a new node, it very briefly (perhaps 1/5th of a second) appears in the lower left corner of the screen before rendering up in the proper position. It doesn’t do this every time, but perhaps 1 out of 3 times.

Does anyone have any ideas why I’m seeing this little glitch?

Off the top of my head (so take it with a grain of salt) but, sounds like it is initialized at one position and updated to the correct one. Maybe you can force an update on newly created text?

Yep. That’s what I was thinking too, but I looked at UIWindow and the node creation looks pretty straight forward. The only movement is a translation of the text in relation to the parent node and at that point it is not attached to any active node. Further, nothing “bad” happens unless/until I attach my new node to the _uiNode. It almost seems like it is at that point it is being rendered and then moved. Very bizarre.