The Contribution Mega-Thread

Here’s an easy one for anyone using NetBeans or the JME SDK: TempVars acquired but not released · Issue #1417 · jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine · GitHub

1 Like

We need someone with an Android development environment to verify the fix for issue 1297. Test code can be found at GitHub - jarlure/AndroidTouchInputTest

1 Like

Note: I think the netbeans code inspector is wrong about that one unless there’s something I’m missing. (TempVars acquired but not released · Issue #1417 · jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine · GitHub)

In java, the only way to exit out of a try{} without running the associated finally{} is System.exit().

1 Like

You’re right. I put too much faith in the inspector.

1 Like

Having been forced to use customer- or standards-mandated ‘static code analysis tools’ several times in my career, I’m instantly distrustful of all of them. Not that they aren’t useful on some level but experience has shown me a 95% false positive rate.

…so much busy work on those projects just separating them out. Even worse when we couldn’t adjust the rules to ignore the “this is never going to be real” style errors.

1 Like

You’re right. I put too much faith in the inspector.

I’ve submitted a pull request to resolve issue 1382. Would someone please review it?

It’s about 4 lines of code. Prospective reviewers should have prior understanding of how JME allocates index buffers.

2 Likes

2 more PRs awaiting review:

1 Like

I have another PR ready for review:

4 Likes

And another one:

1 Like

Here’s another Easy First Fix: Remove 10000.monkeyz from jme3-core · Issue #1431 · jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine · GitHub

1 Like

Another PR ready for review:

1 Like

3 Likes

Some recent PRs are ready for review:

number of open issues against the Engine = 192

1 Like

1 Like

PR ready for review if someone has time:
Added KHR_lights_punctual gltf extension by tlf30 · Pull Request #1443 · jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine (github.com)

3 Likes

A little meta, but a thought occurred to me: If this thread is supposed to be an easy-to-find place for prospective contributors to jump into, perhaps we should consider pinning this topic?

4 Likes

3 pull requests ready for review:

number of open issues against the Engine = 196

3 Likes

Another pull request ready for review:

3 Likes