The Contribution Mega-Thread

I wish you success in the exam! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @JhonKkk , I still don’t know what should I do about this, this was an addressed issue, and its now solved, but I am still not sure if the solution is optimum or satisfying for this issue, for anyone who’s using android, could you please share your opinion for this solution ?

1 Like

I think a complete rocker library should include the three common modes of the NippleJs library. At least most of the mobile games I have played are one of these three joystick modes. So my idea is to at least provide jme with a joystick library (dynamic, semi, static) that contains these three modes.

1 Like

So, you suggest we add 2 joysticks right and left implemented with jme Quads or Picture as default in the new jme harness, and their default behavior is controlling jme flyByCamera state instead of having those dependent platform touch events, am I right ?

The 2 joysticks should control the flycam by default and if the fly cam is disabled the 2 default joysticks disappears, while the user can still use JoyStick class to add new joysticks with different game modes.

1 Like

Yes, it basically includes the points you mentioned, but my idea is that the joystick experience needs to include the three common modes of mobile games.

1 Like

I only know the static mode (steady joys) and the dynamic which is the joystick body and coordinates are moving with fingers gestures (like NFS MW & gta san maybe).

1 Like

Yes, these two modes are the most common!
one more time! If you want, I hope you can convert android joystick to jme ui. I think this can at least be used in IOS/Android and even other scenarios that require jme virtual joystick. This will be a great job :grinning:! Or I or someone else will do it.

1 Like

Not sure if this is offtopic or not! :smiley:

But just in case, I have already made a simple virtual joystick with JME and Lemur Gui, I can share the code snippet if you are interested.

See a demo here:

5 Likes

Can you share your joystick, thank you! :+1:

Nice work, yes ofc it would drastically help us, thank you !!

I wonder which platform is this ? Android ?

Jhon has suggested to build a one with jme3 Quads so no need for extra plugins, but anyway most lemur I think is also jme3 quads so that would sure help us at least give us a determined direction !

1 Like

Lemur picking also supports multitouch “out of the box” which can make it easier than stock JME to develop things like on-screen joystick controls.

2 Likes

I currently implemented the fix for the above issue (flyCam cannot move) directly with local android touch events, but i think maybe doing so using jme touch events interfaces would be a better suggestion, so sure I will look into the code ! Thanks !

1 Like

Yes, I have put it on this topic

2 Likes

PR for LWJGL support if anyone would like to review. It will be merged soon.

1 Like

Another PR that will be merged soon.

In case anyone would like to review.

2 Likes

Added a small improvement to InstancedGeometry if someone wants to take a look:

8 Likes

Guys, shall we make The Contribution Mega-Thread 2?

Here we have two new PRs ready for review:

Edit:

A new PR:

The forum does not let me make a new reply:

No more than 3 consecutive replies are allowed. Please edit your previous reply, or wait for someone to reply to you.

4 Likes

I wonder if there’s a way to remove this cap for certain trust levels, although if not then I suppose it works to just to edit the last post like you did.

2 Likes

New PR ready for review:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
numerous fixes and new features have been added since version 3.5.2, I was wondering if and when is the new version of the engine 3.6.0 expected?

Regards

4 Likes