The starts of a beginner guide written

I’m holding off until Cep finishes it, and it goes through a quick review.

I dont want to be impatient but i find it quite useful as it is.

It’s easy to follow and it’s an excellent starting Point. ( kudos to cep21 )

I think it would be better to state it as “work in progress” and give the beginner (and intermediate) a good, easy to find kick-start than hold it back untill finished and revised some day.

kudos to all you jme titans btw. :slight_smile:

… my 2 ? Cents only

regards

Martin

I got a video pass at blockbuster last Friday. 15$/month for unlimited rentals. I think i’ve seen … 20 movies in 5 days. You do the math :slight_smile: I don’t think I’ll be writting any more chapters for at least a week, let alone seeing the light of day.

I’m hoping it could go through a review while it’s written. The chapters I’ve already wrote should be correct (aside from the sound usage in the last one). I’m thinking an effects tut next, but it’s slow writting about something I’m not sure how to use :slight_smile: I’ve found some good .x format examples and I’m thinking I could maybe write a format loader for .x. Would be the first (and only as far as I can tell) .x loader for java. We’ll see how it goes. Any “tutorial request” post them just to give me ideas.

Cep21,
Any chance of adding something on collision detection and something on using effects?

Above would be a good addition :). BTW, I did check the starter guide and still cant see the collision example.
tomcat

I think that this thread should be made Sticky, so new people could fined the guide.

It will be going up as a link on the main site around the release of 0.7.

Chapters 12 and 13 in. They cover clod meshes and terrain.

The collision detection is in HelloIntersection. I use it when I want to tell if my "bullet" has hit my "target".