Toggler for "Info Screen" please?

@normen said: Seems like it always reports "0" :(

Might be because the server does not send a Last-Modified header.
Or because it always sends the current date/time as Last-Modified.
(Firefox shows the headers in the Page Information dialog, accessible through the page’s context menu.)

@normen Hmm, do I have to change font somewhere? cause i still got the Times New Roman font, although antialiased now =/

Maybe its because you run on apples java? Idk, default font etc? Like I said, the code is available, just tell me what to do :wink:

You could always put a date (or version number or whatever) as a comment in the html file and check that from the SDK. Would have to download the full file instead of just the header though and would need to keep that comment up to date so it’s not ideal.

Code plz, pauls was easy enough to use :stuck_out_tongue:

In HTML:
<!–MODIFIED DATE 2013/02/01 14:03–>

In java, very rough - and there are neater & more robust ways of doing it but…
[java]
static final String SEARCH_STRING = "<!–MODIFIED DATE ";

String html = blah - however you get it now.

int index = html.indexOf(SEARCH_STRING);
String date = html.subString(index+SEARCH_STRING.length(), 16);
// Parse it however you like now
[/java]

Hm, I actually just set the URL to the panel, I never get the actual content myself ^^ But I guess as I have that urlConnector now that should be possible too… See @madjack? Hours! :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Maybe a hash of the String would even be easier? That should always be the same for the same string, right?

I think that worked:
http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/detail?r=10297

@normen said: See @madjack? Hours! :P

And I thank you for it! Besides, you learned something new. That’s great! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally I would just have put a simple text file with a version number or date and fetched that. shrug

@madjack said: And I thank you for it! Besides, you learned something new. That's great! ;) :P

Personally I would just have put a simple text file with a version number or date and fetched that. shrug

Cause a text file plus a wiki page is so much easier to update? ^^ Now we just need to change that page content, e.g. when we find out about a critical bug or put out a new release version of the SDK.

@normen said: Cause a text file plus a wiki page is so much easier to update? ^^ Now we just need to change that page content, e.g. when we find out about a critical bug or put out a new release version of the SDK.

True, but it also means I wouldn’t have to spend hours. :stuck_out_tongue: Just a tiny bit of time when I update.

Hairsplitting is an activity that I sometimes like to do. :stuck_out_tongue: