Translations of documentation for jME? -> What's your native language?

lol darkfrog… but what shall I do once they start posting on 'their' forum in German?

Actually this would seem like a nice joint project for Firefox and google - Make the browser recognize the language that is used on the page and automagically translate it always to the language of your choice. The grammar skills and average IQ of people would go down a few notchs all over the world, but would solve this kind of problems.

Why would they ever post anything?  The Germans are the smart ones that never need to post…it's us Americans that are always clueless.  :lol:

DISCLAIMER: The above does not reflect the views of the jME Developers, a general consensus among other Americans, or even necessarily that of the author.

darkfrog said:

... The Germans ...

replace that with german speaking people :)

I prefer to call you all "The Germans"…it's either that or, "You Dang Foreigners"…which do you prefer?  :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The above does not reflect the views of the jME Developers, a general consensus among other Americans, or even necessarily that of the author.

then i choose the 2nd choice  :wink:

Wow, that automatic translation sucks big time. I

Well, then there's a lot of you dang foreigners on this here site.  :slight_smile:

Just a question here, does this mean we will finally have complete documentation in jME? If you happen to say yes, I would be absolutely for translating it to Spanish (which is my native language)… But I would not want to have it completely change every two days, or be outdated, etc.

So I guess I am asking about the utility or usage of this poll… not that it is not interesting per se, but I am just wondering… 

Hooray for (American) English!  I think it's a great idea to get some translations out there for other languages, especially if there are some native speakers here willing to provide them.

I wish I could help, but ぼくわアメリカじんです.  ぼくの日本語わよわいです.

google translation: I dust it America. YOWAI my Japanese, too.

Almost as good as "All your base are belong to us" :smiley:

That's because Google translations aren't that good for Japanese  :stuck_out_tongue:

…could help, but "I am American.  My Japanese is weak/unskilled".

I'd be able to translate to Norwegian, and also Spanish if there's no other takers, but my Spanish is not yet quite at the same level as my English for instance.

Spanish, as I mentioned, can be done by me  :wink: My native language… so 

Translations are pretty awesome and everything but wouldn't it be better to get the original documentation up to snuff before worrying about translations?

Considering how hard it is to keep the Wiki et al up to date with the latest code it sounds like madness to worry about translations against anything but release versions.

Of course you can all ignore my opinions on this since I am British (translations pfft who needs erm!  ;))

Gentleman Hal said:

Translations are pretty awesome and everything but wouldn't it be better to get the original documentation up to snuff before worrying about translations?

Considering how hard it is to keep the Wiki et al up to date with the latest code it sounds like madness to worry about translations against anything but release versions.

I vote this
Gentleman Hal said:

My thoughts exactly, even though I am one of 'em pesky german invaders!

That said, nobody should hesitate to help people who don't speak english on *inofficial* support forums and sites. But it would (imo) be a bad thing to put up translated parts of the website on jmonkeyengine.com or with any other connection that would make it look like the jME staff or forum community is responsible for keeping it up.
The translations would inevitably be out of date, and probably sporadically maintained at best. Which would make jME look bad in the end, and we all don't want that, do we?

However… (even though as I mentioned in my first post here, I explicitly agree with the doubts expressed by Hal)… I would like to know how reasonable it would be to have even the core documentation reasonably complete?

i really have to say that EVERYTHING should remain in english. everybody (who's relevant) speaks english more or less fluid and understands what he/she reads. Toying with other languages and thus forking things can only lead to confusion and error proneness.

I sure hope you are not a native English speaker, for that comment can certainly give a very biased and wrong impression.

What a wonderful World view.