Tree Issues with Toon Shader /Transparency and other stuffs

try with AlphaTestFalOloff to 0.5

I think i’ll give you my model that seems to be a better way to resolve this problem since in the tree you gave there were not rectangles edges around leaves with or without the transparency activated.

Indeed i tried first with alpha at 0.5 , can i send the model to you in private ?

Thanks in advance.

alright send me a PM

message sent thank you

It works great for me using this material file

Material Feuilles : Common/MatDefs/Light/Lighting.j3md {

Transparent On

MaterialParameters {

DiffuseMap : Models/Terrain/Arbre/feuilles3.png

UseAlpha : true

AlphaDiscardThreshold : 0.5

UseMaterialColors : true

Ambient : .5 .5 .5 .5

Diffuse : 0.7 0.7 0.7 1

Specular : 0 0 0 1

Shininess : 16

}

AdditionalRenderState {

Blend Alpha

AlphaTestFalloff 0.50

FaceCull Off

}

}

with AlphaTestFalloff to 0.50

All right , i made a mistake by confounding 2 files sorry i disturbed you for nothing , but i stil have a strange alpha problem around leaves according to this screen

danath said:
All right , i made a mistake by confounding 2 files sorry i disturbed you for nothing , but i stil have a strange alpha problem around leaves according to this screen

There's probably no way to fix that, except for using alpha to coverage with multisample.

understood momoko_fan

nehon said:

Also i added some parameters to the cartoonEdgeFilter

edgeWidth = 1.0;
edgeIntensity = 1.0;
normalThreshold = 0.5;
depthThreshold = 0.1;
normalSensitivity = 1.0;
depthSensitivity = 10.0;

try them to tweak the appearance of the edges.

About that can you add the possibility to tweak the color of the edge ? I tried to do that on my own but when i tried to change the path of the j3md material i had an exception , thank you.

It’s in, there is now an setEdgeColor method on the CartoonEdgeFilter.

Did i said you are the best ?

By the way i want to be your Shader Padawan , you absolutely need to learn to me so i can do a lot of shaders for the community and help a lot !

Train you I won’t. Turn to the dark side I’m afraid you would. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

damn :frowning: then i’ll be a space pirate >.>