Trouble compiling latest version of jME

I'm have downloaded the latest version from cvs and am trying to compile. I get the following error message:

Buildfile: C:eclipse workspace - gamesjmebuild.xml

Overriding previous definition of reference to classpath

init:

[echo] jmeKeyStore

compile:

[javac] Compiling 373 source files to C:eclipse workspace - gamesjmebuild

[javac] C:eclipse workspace - gamesjmesrccomjmeanimationSpatialTransformer.java:35: cannot access java.util.ArrayList

[javac] bad class file: C:Program FilesJavajre1.5.0_06librt.jar(java/util/ArrayList.class)

[javac] class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0

[javac] Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.

[javac] import java.util.ArrayList;

[javac] ^

[javac] 1 error

BUILD FAILED

C:eclipse workspace - gamesjmebuild.xml:49: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 9 seconds

Any suggestions?

cheers, mikel

your using java 1.5 i had to use 1.4.2.  this would explain why it says array list is the wrong version.

1.5 should be fine… I use it to work on jME on three different machines.

I notice the classpath is pointing to the jre, what sdk are you using for the actual compiling? If there is a version mismatch there, that will cause a problem.

does the 1.5 jre work or do you have to download 1.5 jdk because eclipes picked up the jre installed by java in the program files and that wouldn't work for me i'll download and try the 1.5 jdk later.

It will work with the JRE or JDK to run under.  Obviously you can't compile under the JRE though, so it could be problem with what you were compiling under verses running it under 1.5.  I use 1.5 for everything and have yet to have any problems with jME.

darkfrog

class file: C:Program FilesJavajre1.5.0_06librt.jar(java/util/ArrayList.class)

he is tring to compile with the jre