TTFX Lib [WIP]

I was working on an effects library, basically a Swing UI for filters so I could include them in projects, and customise the nuts out of them, with only a few lines of code.

This was months ago, and I have kind of moved on for now, figured I would show what I had … I never shared before because the frame rate dips and looks like ass, but I’m not going to fix it so yeah :

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSdnseIMQwg[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twCdy7X3HYE[/video]

8 Likes
  • A wild James appears *
3 Likes

Nice, work!
I really like the metallic shader for the car paint!

Also I’m a bit curious about the tone mapping operators you use, do you have any links or references that I can read up on?

1 Like

Definitely looks like ass dude…

Great work!
I’m very intrested in your reflection effect on the floor and the surface of the car, could you share any code about the reflection?
I would be very grateful!

I watched all your videos in your website. They all catched my eye specially this TTFX lib and Fur (even Need For Speed does not have something like that How could you create such fantastic scene ? :dizzy_face: :no_mouth:

Behind all those great works there is great knowledge which noobs like me are seeking for it.:grinning:
Do you have any plan to contribute your libraries and knowledge with future generations. (Although Commercially) :blush:

Or you may tell us some of most important resources you did study (any books, videos, …) so that the path become a bit easy for us to know where\how should we start to learn them.

Anyway I really love all of those works.:heart:

1 Like

Thank you sir =)

I’m working towards a stable version of my FX lib to contribute to the community, it needs some maintenance, a hell of a lot of documentation, and a good monkey related name (current front runner is Capuchin).

Google is my most important reference. I have read hundreds of tech papers and articles, the more you read, the more you can have in your brain bank for future reference. I could probably share my bookmarks, I tend to bookmark anything I find interesting… to get you started GPU Gems is very inspiring.

2 Likes

WoW!
Awesome . Thanks Man.:grinning:

Also thanks about book. I will start with that then.

Where I can get this library? :slight_smile:

Currently I am the only person with this library, you can get it from me for a rather hefty fee. Otherwise you will just have to wait an indefinite amount of time until I make it public (i would say soon, but lets face it, that’s just not my lazy ass style)

Ok. I wanted to research your GLSL :slight_smile: I have some problems with some effects for my game :frowning:

Google is all I can suggest, that is where my GLSL knowledge comes from, else you could list some of your problems and I may be able to help, happy to do so =)

I don’t have time to resolve all my issues, because I one develop my server and client in free time. And I don’t have much experience in develop GLSL. :frowning: Did you implement effect ‘Lense Flare’? It need for my engine of space ship. :slight_smile:
http://imgur.com/WgnZ8sG