Update to the VR section on the wiki

With the recent talk of the VR section of the wiki I want to update it.

In particular I want to make it clear that JME only supports (at best) openVR and that OpenXR should be preferred and is provided by user projects (read: tamarin).

I’ve put in a PR for that here: Add Tamarin into the wiki as a user contribution by richardTingle · Pull Request #174 · jMonkeyEngine/wiki · GitHub

Technically I have merge rights on that repository, but as this is kind of shameless self promotion I wanted to see what other people thought of the proposed change

6 Likes

In my opinion is the sentence

jMonkeyEngine 3 supports several VR specifications, the most modern of those is OpenVR, this is currently a widely supported standard.

a bit strange to read. Would it be better to split it into 2 sentences like

jMonkeyEngine 3 supports several VR specifications. The most modern of those is OpenVR and currently a widely supported standard.

or

jMonkeyEngine 3 supports several VR specifications. The most modern of those is OpenVR, which is currently a widely supported standard.

?

Also, the part

Tamarin provides OpenXR fuctionality to enable JMonkey applications to run on VR headsets. It provides full support for the headset, controller actions, haptic feadback and a sample set of vr hands

miss the “n” in “functionality”, has a typo in “feedback”, doesn’t end on a “.” and the “J” of “JMonkey” is written uppercase, while it is written lowercase in the other file.

2 Likes

Thanks, I agree. I’ve made those changes

I got an approval on the PR and people seem happy with it here so I’ve merged it

5 Likes