Updates and installing plugins not working

Hi, I downloaded the latest “stable” release of JME JDK:

Product Version: jMonkeyEngine SDK 3.0
Updates: Updates available
Java: 1.7.0_11; Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM 23.6-b04
Runtime: Java™ SE Runtime Environment 1.7.0_11-b21
System: Linux version 3.5.0-41-generic running on amd64; UTF-8; en_US (jmonkeyplatform)
User directory: /home/denz/.jmonkeyplatform/3.0
Cache directory: /home/denz/.jmonkeyplatform/3.0/var/cache

Using Ubuntu 12.04.3.

I cannot update anything within the JME SDK. I would like to use jVi for editing but cannot install the plugin nor any updates. It seems to all work fine, no errors or warnings or anything hinting that it didn’t work. However, when I restart JME after a “successful” upgrade of all plugins it wants to update again, as if nothing happened. Also, I cannot install jVi which is worse for me because I like vi as an editor. It seems like this is a regression in the SDK.

Help would be greatly appreciated because I think JME is a great platform.

1 Like

do “chmod +x *” in jmonkeyplatform/jdk/bin

2 Likes

That seemed to have solved the problem once only. The next time I restart JME it goes back to its old state again unfortunately.

1 Like

And if try ‘touch *’ in jmonkeyplatform/jdk/bin it doesn’t seem to fix anythin any more.

1 Like

Solved it by using my own JDK:

~/jmonkeyplatform/bin$ export jdkhome=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle; ./jmonkeyplatform

1 Like

Strange… Anyway you can specify your own jdk in the config file (see troubleshooting)

1 Like

For future reference: https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/sdk:troubleshooting#specifying_the_jdk_location

1 Like

You have to do a chmod +x in jmonkeyplatform/jdk/jre/bin, not jmonkeyplatform/jdk/bin. This fixed the problem for me.
You also might want to look at this thread: [Support request] Updating/plugins issue with jme 3.0 stable linux 64bit

1 Like

Hi there, I now installed jme on a new machine and have this same problem but none of the above, including my solutions did not fix this for me. Any ideas?

1 Like

Jme internal plugins and updates dont work anymore however netbeans plugins should still work as expected

2 Likes