Updating docs

Right guys,
Docs are in need of updating with hopefully some new tutorials/links.
Suggestions please as to what you feel would be useful.
Thanks =)

1 Like

Some of the docs are quite outdated by now since they were written while jME3 was in alpha / beta. So checking them and making sure they still work and/or make sense would be useful.

That would be great :).

For Tonegodgui, I guess a doc about tables in the main documentation would be nice. There’s some doc already for tables somewhere, and I can track it if you have problems finding it.
A doc about relative positioning would be ubah.
A sticky in the project thread linking to the doc and the sources would be nice too.
Maybe filling the sections of the documentation that have no pages.
Maybe a faq, to answer the most common questions/misconceptions might be good too.
Maybe some examples. I could send you an example of how to make a mirror-rear-view using the lib if you think it would be valuable.

I’m looking forward to a doc about forms, but that might be just me.

I use most controls in my lil game, so psst me if one is bothering you. I know nothing about the menus though… and I kinda only do basic stuff.

@loopies said: That would be great :).

For Tonegodgui, I guess a doc about tables in the main documentation would be nice. There’s some doc already for tables somewhere, and I can track it if you have problems finding it.
A doc about relative positioning would be ubah.
A sticky in the project thread linking to the doc and the sources would be nice too.
Maybe filling the sections of the documentation that have no pages.
Maybe a faq, to answer the most common questions/misconceptions might be good too.
Maybe some examples. I could send you an example of how to make a mirror-rear-view using the lib if you think it would be valuable.

I’m looking forward to a doc about forms, but that might be just me.

I use most controls in my lil game, so psst me if one is bothering you. I know nothing about the menus though… and I kinda only do basic stuff.

Thanks! No bother at all I need suggestions and these are great!

Yes I think a list of examples or parts with examples would be a fantastic idea! I definitely learn better with examples and didn’t realise Chris had done a whole bunch of test examples!

Ok, will get a list of stuff together for next week and share to see what people think.

hi,
any news here? its looking the docs aren’t updated. The jmonkey wiki is readonly for me. Is it ok, if we use the github wiki to refresh the wiki?
here is the exported github project (https://github.com/brainless-studios/tonegodgui). perhaps we can do it here?

The wiki had an issue with logins before, it has been fixed now. Use the same credentials you use for the forum and you should be able to update any page.

thank you. working now

Hey :),

Was it you that managed to make tonegodGUI work with 3.1?

no. only for editing the wikipages

Edit: My bad, n00b error, didn’t realise this was an old thread.

Does this include the IDE-NetBeans F1 docs?

If we go through them and find errors should we just post them here as a reply?

Best regards

tonegod isn’t inside the “F1” docs of netbeans, or i didn’t got it >_<