Using CharacterControl for 3rd person view?

Hello everybody, I’ve just started to use jMonkey (and I’m not exactly a java god either) , so this must be kind of a stupid question but…

From the example given in the “HelloCollision” tutorial, I want to make a platforming game, but the tutorial uses CharacterControl to make a first person camera system.

Is there anyway to load a model for the player and take the camera out of the first person, while still using CharacterControl?

If there isn’t (or if there’s an easier way), how can I do it without using CharacterControl?

thanks in advance!

Yep, take a look at the ChaseCamera.

nehon said:
Yep, take a look at the ChaseCamera.

more specifically TestWalkingChar

thanks for the advice!

How can I load the model for the player?

duskpoint said:
How can I load the model for the player?

Dude, please go through all tutorials instead of copy&pasting code from one of the last ones and then asking people to complete your application.
normen said:
Dude, please go through all tutorials instead of copy&pasting code from one of the last ones and then asking people to complete your application.

I'm not copy pasting, just using the tutorials as reference. I already read through all of then.

Anyway, I tried checking Testwalkingchar, but I get the following error when I compile it:
[java]cannot find symbol
symbol : class BombControl
RigidBodyControl bulletControl = new BombControl(bulletCollisionShape, 1);[/java]

Try recreating the JmeTests project, seems like you created it before the tests were updated.

Edit: In case you didnt notice, the class part of the tests package.