Vector texture shader

I've been working on a glsl shader to use SVG-like vector images instead of textures… It works by checking to see if each pixel is in a shape.

So far I've just got shader code for basic shapes:

• Rectangle

• Ellipse

• Triangle

• Rounded Rectangle

Currently working on the curve.. Instead of interpolating points into triangles, I'm transforming a curve into a circle for the shape inclusion test.

Things to do:

• Convert polygon data into triangles, use boolean intersection to remove curve volume

• Parse SVG to internal format

• Save within texture as bytecode and data

• Parse from texture and run bytecode for each pixel

• Add support for transformations

• Add support for texturing with mini tileable units

• Add support for gradients.

• Use multiple program textures for different objects but use the same render pass.

WHY?!

• I would like to see clearer textures when close. Last attempt used batik to render SVG to texture was slow and memory intensive.

• We could use this for splatting textures of variable resolutions, so say, a car door could have a pretty boring low-res fill, but maybe a higher resolution bullet-hole.

• We could blend textures with gradients.

• We could outline prominent features on textures.

• We could potentially remove detail at distance based on pixel depth, transition, or switch to different LOD.

• We could use this on text characters.

I don't currently intend to get into the interactable side of the SVG spec, mainly because the method I am using for curves currently needs to be pre-processed..

Some random dev photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/116639945398351924659/VectorTextures?feat=directlink