Version .11

"War is not nice" - Barbara Bush  :?

Does a 1.0 release mean all support and development on jME will cease?!  :-o :-o :-o

No, it just means we get much loftier goals to achieve the rights to a 2.0 release. :wink:

i won't stop developing jME until my motto "one jMonkeyEngine in every home" is fullfilled…

.10 -> .11 -> 1.0 (are you doing some obscure binary operations? :stuck_out_tongue: )

it would be nice to see a plan for 1.0. i understand that the feature list was dictated by the development at ncsoft until now, but for 1.0 there should be a release plan. i personally want jme to shine at 1.0 and beat the crap out of the other 3d java stuff more than only performance-wise (read: documentation, articles, tutorials, tech demos, features, tools).

@mr coder: now that's an attitude! thumbs up  :smiley:

The 1.0 release is not so much about features but about completeness.  I don't think we'll be adding any new features just fixing bugs, cleaning up code, adding JavaDocs, etc.  We've got a great list of features and this next step is about doing all the crap most developers hate but still has to be done. :wink:

MrCoder said:

i won't stop developing jME until my motto "one jMonkeyEngine in every home" is fullfilled...

One Engine to rule them all, One Engine to find them,
One Engine to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

darkfrog said:

The 1.0 release is not so much about features but about completeness.  I don't think we'll be adding any new features just fixing bugs, cleaning up code, adding JavaDocs, etc.  We've got a great list of features and this next step is about doing all the crap most developers hate but still has to be done. ;)

that's what i meant ;)

I've always been curious what would have happened if Frodo had given the ring to Tom Bombadil.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Great work. Contragts!!  :lol:

After cleaning ma house, I will start cleaning ma code. I'm curious about this "editor" thing… hmmm…

Thanks.

darkfrog said:

I've always been curious what would have happened if Frodo had given the ring to Tom Bombadil.  :P

I'm more curious as to why they didn't just strap him to the back of one of those giant eagles and make it suicide dive into Mt. Doom  :?
Gentleman Hal said:

I'm more curious as to why they didn't just strap him to the back of one of those giant eagles and make it suicide dive into Mt. Doom  :?

Because even in Tolkien's time the idea of a suicide bomber was repugnant.  :P
darkfrog said:

Because even in Tolkien's time the idea of a suicide bomber was repugnant.
darkfrog said:

Because even in Tolkien's time the idea of a suicide bomber was repugnant.  :P

I don't think you can suicide bomb molten lava!  :P

Frodo would have been a freaking Martyr, instead he just ended up weak and corrupted!

hijack is synonymous to "Dark Frog"  XD

I wouldn't say 'hijack' is the proper word here…rather, 'reuse'. ;)  Version 0.11 has been released and this thread has served its usefulness and would have otherwise been abandoned.  Rather than create an entirely new thread to talk in I 'reused' this one instead.  So what you would call hijacking I would call 'good threading'.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Time for garbage collection…

useless info: cvs is now tagged with v011

we're always glad about receiving useless information form other sources than darkfrog :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL

MrCoder said:

LOL

Oh sure...you don't mind topic diversions so long as they are at my expense.  :P

Great work!

Btw, what does this mean?

* Enhanced support for using jME inside of Swing/AWT

I have noticed that when using the JMECanvas, we are getting about half the FPS compared to fullscreen/exclusive. Any changes there?