Viewing data of the built-in NetBeans sample database

Hey guys, :slight_smile:
I’m currently diving into using SQL databases with Java. I saw, that NetBeans has a built-in sample database which you can display and modify directly in the SDK:

I found out (after connecting to the db of course), this option doesn’t seem to work in the jME SDK, nothing happens when I click the menuitem - In NetBeans (7.2.1) however, it works perfectly (a new tab appears with the little database explorer table thingy in it).

The “Java DB Database Process” output console just says:

Thu Mar 13 23:03:20 CET 2014 : Sicherheitsmanager mit einfacher Server-Sicherheitsrichtlinie installiert. Thu Mar 13 23:03:20 CET 2014 : Apache Derby Network Server 10.8.2.2 - (1181258) wurde gestartet und ist bereit, Verbindungen am Port 1527 zu akzeptieren.
(It's German, basically it just says that the security manager was installed and the server was started sucessfully and is ready to accept connections at port 1527)

I hope, you understand the problem and can help me. :slight_smile:

Yours, destro

Click what menu item?

The one that’s highlighted, “View Data…”.

EDIT: It seems, the NetBeans plugin “Database” isn’t installed by default in the jME SDK. After installing it manually via “Tools” → “Plugins”, it seems to work. :slight_smile: