VolatileZapper

yeah sorry, i kinda got pissed of from the javagaming.org people and took the rar down, and yes, you can prod and poke!

come monday, il upload 3 zips, (not rars) one for windows, one for linux and one for mac. ( I dont have the internet at the mo!)

PS. Im posting from school! :slight_smile:

PPS. Princec hasn’t lived up to his word and decided NOT to host the game, cause he is an arrogant brat. So Im going to upload another version to my myjavaserver.com and webstart it from there! :slight_smile:

PPPS. I have started another game, this time, its in 3D!! :smiley:

Hey, first of all, great job on the game. We’re also working on a game WITH network :slight_smile: Within some weeks we expect to have a server running with some working clients, I could mail you the source if you want (client-only)

Anyway, I think we can host the game files for you, just mail me when you’re interested.

"DarkProphet" wrote:
PPPS. I have started another game, this time, its in 3D!! :D

/me wants more info :)

oops :// , forgot to login!

sounds very cool!

looking forward…

its changing alot now, hoops are stil in there, now, the models are only the devil and angel hanging over. they are going to be the models/sprites, not sure yet!

Its going to be a strange game to say the least! But, we’l see how it goes.

PS. ASE loader doesn’t work anymore, neither the test. CVS screenshot last sunday!

Hey, I just tried your latest version, and I get a Null Pointer Exception. It occurs during loadBuffer in the SoundSystem class. Any ideas?

Was just going to post that too. Is it perhaps missing a resource file?

:// , i was experimenting with adding sound when the bullets are empty, but it sounded bad, so I didn’t, but the variables and the loaders is still there.

new URL’s:

http://www.myjavaserver.com/~digiwired/VolatileZapper_win.zip

http://www.myjavaserver.com/~digiwired/VolatileZapper_linx.zip

Enjoy

Looks good! One small thing I found was that the machine gun sound stops working for the duration of time you have a fireball on the screen.

Also, I’d suggest swapping the machine gun and fireball… the fireball effect would make a nice missle and maybe could kill multiple aliens in a given trajectory or those caught in its explosion. Then the “missle” could be limited and the gun ammo could be unlimited. Maybe progressing to a new level could add a couple more fireball missles to your arsenal.

Just my two cents. Keep it up!

never thought of that. Will add them. As soon as I have finished:

Slug Racing X

PS. This game will be submitted to the competition thing. You gotta be in it to win it!

:frowning: Tried to download the linux version, but this gives me

a File not Found http Error. Downloading the windows version

works fine.

oh shoot, :// , il update it as soon as.

http://www.myjavaserver.com/~digiwired/

if you were to go there, you would see the link.

Or do you mean an actual file isn’t found in the game?

:slight_smile: Thanks, i found it.

Hello DarkProphet

i recently tested VolatileZapper on my suse 9.0 pro linux box an got some issues:

seperators in linux seem to be : instead of ;

so the correct command line should be:

java -hotspot -Djava.library.path="./lib/" -cp .:./lib/:./lib/lwjgl.jar:./lib/jme.jar com.volatile7.volatileZapper.VolatileZapper

there seem to be a strange issue at least on my box because if i put the *.so’s and *.jar’s in the vm lib-path it works but packaged as it is, it throws:

“Exception in thread “main” java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/volatile7/volatileZapper/VolatileZapper, method: initSystem signature: ()V) Bad type in putfield/putstatic” at me -> i still hope to get some insight in this 8-O

and movement seems to be to slow because to move 1 cm sideways takes me ca. 3 seconds but gladly this is also true for the enemys :slight_smile:

and i didn’t find the sources in the .zip (read somewhere that they should be in)

i hope i can help to improve jme on linux by digging up some issues at least, so please don’t take this as rant’s.

regards

Martin

Hi,

I got a small question. How in earth did you manage to create non-looping sounds? I tried to create a sphericalsound in my game but the thingie just won’t stop making sound when I kill it :slight_smile:

Care to post the part where you create and/or destroy the sound?

Thanks in advance.

the initSystem is nothing special, its like all jME initSystems()

as for the slow movements, its because the HotSpot compiler hasn’t kicked it yet, wait a while and it will be compiled to native code and then you’l see it fly. Il look into it furthur. Ive tried it on Slackware, Debian, and Knoopix, they seem fine! Its a shame about Suse, il see what I can do. Can you please post the stacktrace? Or does the VM crash??

The sound this got me puzzled too. But it’s really simple.

public void initSystem() {
SoundAPIController.getSoundSystem(properties.getRenderer());
SoundAPIController.getRenderer().setCamera(cam);
}

public void initGame() {
laser = new SphericalSound(         VolatileZapper.class.getClassLoader().getResource(
      "com/data/sound/laser.wav"));
}

public void checkCollision() {
  if (laserShot == true) {
    laser.getSource().play();
  }
}

checkCollisions is called on every update.

Hope that helps

Hi

There’s no stacktrace or crash, the only thing i get is:

“Exception in thread “main” java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/volatile7/volatileZapper/VolatileZapper, method: initSystem signature: ()V) Bad type in putfield/putstatic” nothing else.

I also tried to warm up, but no luck.

Could the slow movement be some timing issue ?

regards

Martin

hmm…strange.

Do you get a gameOver message straight as you play? cause thats a bug that has been fixed. Try the new one if thats the case.

Other than that. I really dont know. Everything is time based, everyhing relies on a timer. :?

I haven’t seen that before, but it doesn’t look like a runtime error, it looks as if the JVM is deciding that the class file is invalid. I usually see signature errors when part of the application has been compiled, and is newer than some other bits that have been left over from a previous compilation.