I created a new project. It is totally empty. When I start the game, the settings screen appears. There I can enable/disable VSync. But for me VSync doesn’t work when I check the box. I got around 1.600 FPS.
I use the latest release “3.1-beta1-b002-SNAPSHOT”.
Probably not related. But on my linux box vsync just doesn’t work. I always get screen tearing etc. However i also know this isn’t jME. Its a xorg issue with my muiltimontor setup and odd mode lines i use.
When i am single screen i can force it with a manual modeline. Clearly however this is specific linux setup issue.
Hmm, now that you mention it… my laptop wouldn’t use vsync either when I was working on it yesterday, but I wrote it off as just me probably setting it to false somewhere in code (i didn’t) and didn’t think much of it at the time.